Help me decide?

Oi

Ok, we are going to be in Victoria in May, second week. There are 2 excursions that I'm interested in, but can only do 1. Has anyone had experience with either of these that can give me some insight on which would be more enjoyable?

First: Grand Victoria & High Tea

CITY DRIVE

This grand tour of Victoria takes you through the upscale neighborhoods and past stately homes with manicured lawns and gardens. Stops at scenic viewpoints afford the opportunity soak up the old world charm of the city, the majesty of the Olympic Mountains and the untamed wilderness of Vancouver Island. Pass the Inner Harbour and Parliament Buildings to arrive in the heart of the city and the ivy-covered Fairmont Empress Hotel.

HIGH TEA AT THE EMPRESS

One of the oldest and most famous hotels in Canada, the Empress opened in 1908. In the comfort of the ornate Tea Lobby, their famed tea service includes freshly brewed tea and a tower of delicacies such as tea sandwiches, scones, preserves, cream and pastries. Be sure to ask your server about the popular Empress Blend tea.

second: English Tea At Butchart Gardens

BUTCHART GARDENS

Travel to Butchart Gardens, a National Historic Site of Canada, through the lovely Saanich Peninsula with its rural charm and rolling hills. The world-famous gardens offer 55 acres of dazzling floral displays and spectacular views as you stroll along meandering paths and expansive lawns.

TEA SERVICE

Enjoy tea service, a repast made popular in England in the 1840s. A delectable selection for an afternoon indulgence includes traditional warm delicacies, savory tea sandwiches and homemade sweets.

At first I was leaning towards the first option, but on webshots I saw pictures of the Buthcart Gardens and was struck by their beauty.

Anyone done one or both? Give some insight? Thank you in advance for any information!

Ok, we are going to be in Victoria in May, second week. There are 2 excursions that I'm interested in, but can only do 1. Has anyone had experience with either of these that can give me some insight on which would be more enjoyable?

First: Grand Victoria & High Tea

CITY DRIVE

This grand tour of Victoria takes you through the upscale neighborhoods and past stately homes with manicured lawns and gardens. Stops at scenic viewpoints afford the opportunity soak up the old world charm of the city, the majesty of the Olympic Mountains and the untamed wilderness of Vancouver Island. Pass the Inner Harbour and Parliament Buildings to arrive in the heart of the city and the ivy-covered Fairmont Empress Hotel.

HIGH TEA AT THE EMPRESS

One of the oldest and most famous hotels in Canada, the Empress opened in 1908. In the comfort of the ornate Tea Lobby, their famed tea service includes freshly brewed tea and a tower of delicacies such as tea sandwiches, scones, preserves, cream and pastries. Be sure to ask your server about the popular Empress Blend tea.

second: English Tea At Butchart Gardens

BUTCHART GARDENS

Travel to Butchart Gardens, a National Historic Site of Canada, through the lovely Saanich Peninsula with its rural charm and rolling hills. The world-famous gardens offer 55 acres of dazzling floral displays and spectacular views as you stroll along meandering paths and expansive lawns.

TEA SERVICE

Enjoy tea service, a repast made popular in England in the 1840s. A delectable selection for an afternoon indulgence includes traditional warm delicacies, savory tea sandwiches and homemade sweets.

At first I was leaning towards the first option, but on webshots I saw pictures of the Buthcart Gardens and was struck by their beauty.

Anyone done one or both? Give some insight? Thank you in advance for any information!

Butchart Gardens is THE #1 tourist attraction for Victoria. If you like gardens, these are highly impressive.

I've lived in Victoria all my life and have never been to High Tea at the Empress. It's fairly expensive and every year the price seems to go up more to the point that I don't know if I'll ever do it.

It is one of those experiences that some people want and others don't. I do enjoy tea at other locations, like the White Heather Tea Room or the James Bay Tea Room, so I'm not feeling deprived. :D

The Butchart Gardens is very beautiful and as others have said, if you are at all into gardening or flowers, then it is a must-see. I have been there several times at all times of the year and enjoyed it each time.

Thank you so much for all the replies! It's good to hear the gardens are worth it. I now know which way I am leaning further towards.

again, thanks, and happy happy cruising!

Archived