Serenade of the Seas

Shocker

1. On a sea day, approximately what time does the seaview cafe open for lunch?

2. Besides the pool, what activities did you participate in on a sea day on board?

3. What didn't you do that you wish you would have done?

4. Did they have any late night (after 11:30pm) entertainment, such as an adults only comedian?

5. Where's the best place to go for an after dinner late night drink?

6. Where can you get ice cream and is there a charge?

After two weeks on board, this is my take on it . . .

1. On a sea day, approximately what time does the seaview cafe open for lunch? noon, I believe, 2pm on port days, Shocker do you remember exactly?

2. Besides the pool, what activities did you participate in on a sea day on board? spa,

3. What didn't you do that you wish you would have done? nothing

4. Did they have any late night (after 11:30pm) entertainment, such as an adults only comedian? adult comedian one night, there was a good band usually in the Safari Club, and the Vortex featured theme evenings ie Motown Night, Classic Rock, etc

5. Where's the best place to go for an after dinner late night drink? Schooner Bar

Windjammer soft ice cream N/C

Also just back from the 01/30 sailing.

Ports were:

Tortola

St. Maarten

St. Lucia

Antigua

Grenada

I think 12:30 or so?

2. Besides the pool, what activities did you participate in on a sea day on board?

Did trivia in the Schooner bar

Gone to more shows...stayed up later to go to the piano bar or the disco. Very port intensive and we were up early most days.

4. Did they have any late night (after 11:30pm) entertainment, such as an adults only comedian?

There was a late night comedian one night. He did a family friendly routine earlier in the week. They also had the Quest.

We like the Schooner Bar. Lots of seats and the piano entertainment. We went there most nights before dinner...Bernardo and Priscilla were great.

Soft serve is available in the windjammer at lunch time and I think dinner time.

You can get a brownie sundae in the Seaview Cafe.

there was a tomato mozzarella basil calzone one night I recall. Maybe a couple of curry dishes, and there were always fish alternatives, ie mahimahi, etc. But there were the usual staples, ie beef, pork or lamb, chicken, vegetarian.

I have seen that there is a new fleet-wide menu in the MDR - assume this is also on Serenade - lots of Indian, fish, curry, pizza??!!, calzones ??!!

Can you comment on that.

There is an indian dish available in the MDR every night. Most were very good if you like Indian food.

There is also a fish dish every night. I had the tempura Mahi Mahi and shrimp, the garlic shrimp, fisherman's platter and another fish dish. All were very tasty.

Didn't see any pizza but calzone was an option one night...didn't try it though.

I'm going in a little over three weeks. Which itinerary did you do?

We did the San Juan, Puerto Rico; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. John's, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; St. George's, Grenada; San Juan, Puerto Ricoit was wonderful. If you want excursion ideas I have a couple.

1. We only had one sea day but I believe the seaview was open about 3P right after the buffet closed. Good food there.

2. Only did the pool on the sea day but they have an awesome Cruise Director and plenty of fun activities on deck.

3. Climbed the rock climbing wall, spent more time in the evenings at the various entertainment areas.

4. Yes two nights one was a comedian who was ok to good and I didn't attend the other night.

5. Depends on what you like. I like my balcony with my wife if you want quiet but there are a variety of music venues.

6. At the buffet every night no other place I can recall. No charge.

7. Great ship and crew you will love it.

We did the San Juan, Puerto Rico; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. John's, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; St. George's, Grenada; San Juan, Puerto Ricoit was wonderful. If you want excursion ideas I have a couple.

We are doing this same itinerary in a little over 4 weeks. (I CAN"T WAIT!) :D

My question is about St. Martin. We do not have an excursion or tour planned for this day. I'm thinking of taking the bus to Marigot in the morning, then come back to Phillipsburg, hit Great Bay Beach and maybe do a bit of shopping in Philipsburg before heading back to the beach.

Is this do-able? Is there much to see and do in Marigot?

Thanks so much for answering quesstions.

I thought I saw it open at 12pm.

The pool was busy (with the belly flop contest), the gym, the spa, watched a few minutes of the rip-off art auction, the mini-golf.

Been on board the ship in time for the meet-and-mingle! And climbed the rock wall.

One night was the adult comedy which started at 11:45. There was a midnight caribbean buffet and dancing one night. Then the rest were disco night, karaoke, the piano-bar.

I think most people who did drink after dinner went to Schooner's, or the Safari club.

You can get it at dinner, though the windjammer has the soft-serve variety.

We were on this cruise also. We had a great time and did some great tours with Bernard on St Martin( Rimas,Sunset beach,Marigot, Orient beach , and shopping if you wish. Also free drinks the whole way.) We went to The Baths with Speedys on Virgin Gorda, Tortola port ,its a must see, and a great tour with Cosul Tours with island food and free drinks on St Lucia,and Mandoo Tours on Grenada. You should be able to google them for info. We would recommend them highly. We had beautiful weather all week,it was hard to come back.

thanks - DH and I don't like Indian, and I can't eat fish.....

What nights are formal ? I will book Chops and Portofino around those!

Go to the buffet some night also. They have about 70% of what the dinning room has plus more and you can graze by taking a little of this a little of that.

Hi there. I'm new to cruising, and will be embarking on the Serenade of the Seas on July 4. I will be travelling with a 2 year-old and 10 year-old. Did you happen to have children with you?

No we didn't but they do have programs for I know the 10 year old and they even did a show with the kids, not sure of anything for the 2 year old. With 2000 passengers on board it is amazing that most of the time the ship feels like it is empty. Crowds are never a problem.

We were on this cruise also. We had a great time and did some great tours with Bernard on St Martin( Rimas,Sunset beach,Marigot, Orient beach , and shopping if you wish. Also free drinks the whole way.) We went to The Baths with Speedys on Virgin Gorda, Tortola port ,its a must see, and a great tour with Cosul Tours with island food and free drinks on St Lucia,and Mandoo Tours on Grenada. You should be able to google them for info. We would recommend them highly. We had beautiful weather all week,it was hard to come back.

We did the same tours and I second everything that is said above. We have been on over 10 cruises and those tours were the best I have ever taken and the price is very reasonable.

We are doing this same itinerary in a little over 4 weeks. (I CAN"T WAIT!) :D

My question is about St. Martin. We do not have an excursion or tour planned for this day. I'm thinking of taking the bus to Marigot in the morning, then come back to Phillipsburg, hit Great Bay Beach and maybe do a bit of shopping in Philipsburg before heading back to the beach.

Is this do-able? Is there much to see and do in Marigot?

Thanks so much for answering quesstions.

The wife had me shopping in St Martin (it is the best island for that price wise) but I will strongly suggest Mandoo tour in Gernada and Cosul tours in St Lucia best tours I have ever had overall on islands. Great people and you really get your monies worth. The ship is beautiful and the crew is wonderful. They try to do everything they can to please you, always greet you with a smile and a hello. you will love this cruise.

The wife had me shopping in St Martin (it is the best island for that price wise) but I will strongly suggest Mandoo tour in Gernada and Cosul tours in St Lucia best tours I have ever had overall on islands. Great people and you really get your monies worth. The ship is beautiful and the crew is wonderful. They try to do everything they can to please you, always greet you with a smile and a hello. you will love this cruise.

Thank you for your response. We are doing the Baths in Tortola, Cosul in St. Lucia and the Segway tour in Antigua. We are thinking of a beach day in Grenada at Valley Church Beach. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Great ship, and wonderful itinerary! We sailed Serenade for the 5th time 1/16/10, on the same itinerary.

We sailed with Patouche on Tortola. It was a rainy, gray day, and we couldn't go to the Baths because they were red-flagged, but we went to another very good snorkeling location by Coopers Island, explored Salt Island, and had a great day.

St. Maarten was kind of a low key day, we did some shopping in the morning, and then went to Orient Beach for a little while in the afternoon.

Antigua was phenomenal, best day of the cruise. We sailed on Ocean Nomad, Eli Fuller's daysail on a classic, handbuilt Carriacou sailboat. Good snorkeling, a great day sailing, and great company. We even got to watch the Montserrat volcano erupt from several miles off.

In St. Lucia we used Frank (with whom we've toured before) to go to Anse Cochon for a beach and snorkeling day. We love snorkeling in that location - we've done it several times in the past, and Frank provides very good service.

On Grenada we hiked to Seven Sisters Falls with Mandoo. It's the third time we've toured with Mandoo, he's a great guy. The hike was moderately strenuous and a lot of fun.

Great ship, and wonderful itinerary! We sailed Serenade for the 5th time 1/16/10, on the same itinerary.

We sailed with Patouche on Tortola. It was a rainy, gray day, and we couldn't go to the Baths because they were red-flagged, but we went to another very good snorkeling location by Coopers Island, explored Salt Island, and had a great day.

St. Maarten was kind of a low key day, we did some shopping in the morning, and then went to Orient Beach for a little while in the afternoon.

Antigua was phenomenal, best day of the cruise. We sailed on Ocean Nomad, Eli Fuller's daysail on a classic, handbuilt Carriacou sailboat. Good snorkeling, a great day sailing, and great company. We even got to watch the Montserrat volcano erupt from several miles off.

In St. Lucia we used Frank (with whom we've toured before) to go to Anse Cochon for a beach and snorkeling day. We love snorkeling in that location - we've done it several times in the past, and Frank provides very good service.

On Grenada we hiked to Seven Sisters Falls with Mandoo. It's the third time we've toured with Mandoo, he's a great guy. The hike was moderately strenuous and a lot of fun.

Would it be possible to get more information about Frank on St. Lucia? We are looking to go to the same beach as you did, and we would like to find someone to take us there. Do you remember the cost and how long you were there? Did you get there by taxi or boat?

Thanks

Would it be possible to get more information about Frank on St. Lucia? We are looking to go to the same beach as you did, and we would like to find someone to take us there. Do you remember the cost and how long you were there? Did you get there by taxi or boat?

Thanks

Frank's email is franktax@hotmail.com. He's a great guy. He met us near dock and we walked over to his van. He actually had arranged another driver for the day for us, although he was with us for much of the day. We were on the Carenage side of the harbor - a first for us. We had always been on the Pt. Seraphine side before (this was our 11th or 12th trip to St. Lucia, first on the Carenage side), but when Adventure is in she gets the Pt. Seraphine berth and Serenade doesn't. It's a little bit more difficult of a pick up on the Carenage side, you have to follow Frank along some city streets to meet the van. Frank provides a cooler full of drinks and there was a case of the local beer, Piton (a favorite of my husband and brother-in-law). We drove to Anse Cochon, probably takes about 25-30 minutes, and there's a parking area near the beach. The drink cooler comes with you to the beach. We were there for probably 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Plenty of time to snorkel both sides of the bay (one side, the left as you're facing out, is the "nursery," and the right side has more adult fish. Excursion boats do come in to Anse Cochon, and when they're in, the right side of the bay gets pretty crowded. The left is never crowded, though, and has really interesting snorkeling. We saw large groups of squid, interesting fish, and invertebrates. We had lunch (paid for on our own, but very reasonable, and good food - have the local chips) at the restaurant/bar on the beach, and Island Divers, the on-site dive shop, had equipment available for rent for those that didn't have their own. In the past we've used Island Divers for a day package - they provide transport from the cruise dock using their dive boat, but they couldn't meet our time requirements this time, and we were very happy to use Frank again. Actually, there wasn't much of a time difference between the boat transport and the land journey, surprisingly enough. We paid Frank $35.00 plus tip each.

Archived