Does Carnival do fireworks for July 4th?

NJCruiser23

I was on the Legend last 4th of July. No fireworks. We did see some the next night in Tampa, after we had got off the ship. If you are at sea like we were on the 4th, then I doubt you will see any. They did do different activities throughout the day that had to do with 4th of July.

Begs the question... if Disney can do it, why can't anyone else?

First off, Disney has been doing it for years. Second, their ships are designed to have a magazine for the shells and a launch system. Thirdly you would have to have someone trained and qualified to shoot 1.3g fireworks. 4th, you would have to have a land based magazine to store the shells for the next sailing.

My other business is selling retail fireworks which are classed 1.4g Consumer (formally known as Class C fireworks). When you go to the next step up to 1.3g (formally know as Class B fireworks), there are a lot of regulations which govern you. Everything from permits, training, storage and transportation.

And then there are liability issues in case something goes wrong.

Dave

Disney does it on each sailing. Just like at their parks, they are using a compressed air cannon to launch the shells which saves money on having a lift charge or having a lift charge blow in the tube.

Dave

Do they do it every night? or just on one night during the sailing?

(just curious)

We have sailed on the Disney boat twice and they do the firework show on the night that they have the pirate party. I believe it's the last night of sailing on the 3night cruise (which would be Saturday night). However, while they were shooting off firework there was about 3-4 boats around that pull up to the ship to watch the action. I asked someone about it and they said that because the other boats can not shoot the foreworks they will pull up beside Disney and get a free show. So, if you are on the same route as a Disney boat keep your eyes and ears open!!

P.S- And I am sure that the 4th will be fab-u-lous (it's hard to image Disney having BETTER fireworks) However, they are Disney!:p

• 3 years later...

4th of July what a better way in doing something different then spending the ability of having freedom on a cruise with family members. :)

This will be my 3rd ever cruise all with Carnival Cruise lines.

My very first was back in 1998 on a cruise to no where; the first out of Tampa on the Carnival Sensation; when they started docking large ships.

My second which was a most awesome time with friends on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami. What a fun time; and no matter what I have read. Service was wonderful. You get what you give; so if you are cranky and grumpy with others, certainly they may not go above and beyond to give you comfort.

And now my third with hopes of many more. 4th of July out of Tampa on the Carnival Paradise. Which I am so waiting to see which rumors hold true.

I have heard the ship is older, but very clean; and Carnival staff go above and beyond.

I had the same question; did the cruise line entertain fireworks on the holiday; and I get it. It is a huge risk in many ways where something could go wrong, stranding the ship or worse. Or it could be seen as a threat or a rescue needed. Personally I am here to relax before taking a big exam the following week. So no worries on my part if I dont' see fireworks. Anyway hope my family and I have a great time; as all others cruising this 4th out of Tampa.

Till next time; alwaysmekelly

4th of July what a better way in doing something different then spending the ability of having freedom on a cruise with family members. :)

This will be my 3rd ever cruise all with Carnival Cruise lines.

My very first was back in 1998 on a cruise to no where; the first out of Tampa on the Carnival Sensation; when they started docking large ships.

My second which was a most awesome time with friends on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami. What a fun time; and no matter what I have read. Service was wonderful. You get what you give; so if you are cranky and grumpy with others, certainly they may not go above and beyond to give you comfort.

And now my third with hopes of many more. 4th of July out of Tampa on the Carnival Paradise. Which I am so waiting to see which rumors hold true.

I have heard the ship is older, but very clean; and Carnival staff go above and beyond.

I had the same question; did the cruise line entertain fireworks on the holiday; and I get it. It is a huge risk in many ways where something could go wrong, stranding the ship or worse. Or it could be seen as a threat or a rescue needed. Personally I am here to relax before taking a big exam the following week. So no worries on my part if I dont' see fireworks. Anyway hope my family and I have a great time; as all others cruising this 4th out of Tampa.

Till next time; alwaysmekelly

I will be on the Paradise on the 4th as well, my third cruise on that ship. The Paradise was the last Fantasy class ship built, so she is the newest in that class. She is in excellent shape and has a fantastic crew. The Paradise consistently ranks in the top 5 (out of 24) ships in Carnival's fleet for customer satisfaction in the surveys filled out by guests.

No fireworks but there will be; red white and blue all around the Lido, free miniature flags, hand fans, $3 of the all American bucket of beer on the 4th for the 'welcome aboard 4th of July' deck party.

I'm actually glad that the fireworks don't have to only be for a 4th of July show. But actually it's pretty cool. A band of pirates 'commandeer' the ship and then Jack Sparrow fights them for a 'golden gauntlet' with live action stunts etc. and then the golden gauntlet starts the fireworks show above the ship. It's as good as any fireworks I've seen. Everyone had these looks on their faces, especially the kids.

Ours was on Friday night actually, the Nassau night. It's at 10:30 so it's a bit late for the lil ones on the night before debarkation, so it was the middle night.

Cruising years on CCL and RCCL, that was definitely a first for us.

Disney does NOT have them in Alaska due to noise problems/avalanche I guess.

NLC Breakaway has fireworks on the last sea day around 11 pm.

I thought I remembered reading that about Breakwaway. Thanks for saving me the time to do a Search. Wonder if their new ship (Getaway) will do it too?:)

Archived