Carnival Question

emksb

We are going on an 8-Day cruise on Carnival in May and I have a couple of questions. Here they are:

1) I know Carnival allows you to bring a bottle of wine a person, but we like to bring more(a bottle a day). We also like to bring like to bring Vodka on board( I know it is illegal,but I like to break rules:)). So I guess when question is, are they(Carnival) starting to search your bags more extensively.

2) Has Carnival done away with the free drinks on the Captain's Night?

Thanks in advance for all the answers:D

We are going on an 8-Day cruise on Carnival in May and I have a couple of questions. Here they are:

1) I know Carnival allows you to bring a bottle of wine a person, but we like to bring more(a bottle a day). We also like to bring like to bring Vodka on board( I know it is illegal,but I like to break rules:)). So I guess when question is, are they(Carnival) starting to search your bags more extensively.

Reports are that they have already started...see the Carnival board here on CC under the subject "unlock your luggage"

2) Has Carnival done away with the free drinks on the Captain's Night?

Apparently so, but there are still free drinks at the Past Guest Party. (on 7 night cruises)

• 1 month later...

I am going on a Carnival cruise out of NYC on May 23- is it the same cruise as you?

One thing to note relating to alcohol- I just read on the CCL website that all alcohol (ie your legal one bottle of wine per person) must be brought onto the ship in your carry-on, not in your checked luggage. I'm not sure if that's a new rule or if I just didn't know that last time I cruised- for which I put my wine in my checked luggage. No one took it or said it was incorrect at the time. I'm not too sure if they are cracking down on actually checking for smuggled alcohol. I figure the worst that will happen (unless you go crazy overboard and pack a whole liquor store) is they'll take it. There are other boards specifically for stuff like this, you might get more help there.

There is no Captain's reception on the first "elegant" night anymore - instead, the Captain and officers walk about on the Promenade deck to meet guests and drinks are $1 off at the Promenade bars. On the last night, however, there is a farewell reception before dinner that does serve free drinks. And on our cruise last month, the Captain was at the farewell reception too.

I have never had trouble bringing wine on board. One bottle per person per port. But you do have to carry it on. As for the other (banned booze) here is my method for getting that on in ports (it won't work on embarkation day)

1- Take a back pack, with a towel, when you get off.

2- Buy 3 bottles, separate them with the towel so they don't clang.

3- Get back on during a busy time, that way the security people are too busy to watch where I go, and the confiscation table is busy with the honest people.

4- Slip by the confiscation table and walk right up the stairs. But if I get stopped at the confiscation table. Put the backpack on the floor (not the table).

5- Reach in and take out only one bottle, and turn it in. It's called "the buy 3 (or 2) turn in 1 method". It's worked for me every time on all the cruise lines I've traveled on.:p

Bob

Archived