Guarentee Cabin #

surmy555

I generally book guarentee's simce I don't really care what cabin I get and I'm always hopeful of some kind of upgrade. I'm currently booked on the October Oosterdam, our first time on Holland America. Although I don't care which cabin I get I always want to know the cabin # ASAP. Is there any way with Holland America to find out what cabin has been assigned as opposed to waiting for the doc's or getting to the ship.

Thanks

Dave

I generally book guarentee's simce I don't really care what cabin I get and I'm always hopeful of some kind of upgrade. I'm currently booked on the October Oosterdam, our first time on Holland America. Although I don't care which cabin I get I always want to know the cabin # ASAP. Is there any way with Holland America to find out what cabin has been assigned as opposed to waiting for the doc's or getting to the ship.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

HAL is not going to assign your cabin until pretty close to the sailing. They first have to see what specific cabins are sold before assigning yours. The advantage of guarantees from a cruiselines perspective, is that they can use them to fill cabins that were not specifically booked.

Also, you say you're looking for an upgrade. Why would HAL assign a higher category cabin to you, eight months in advance of the cruise?

Dave,We had a Guarentee in Oct and were upgraded from a CatA to a S SUITE.We called Holland everyday and asked if we were assigned a cabin and about a month before sailingwe were told.But tis different times for different sailings. TOM

Dave, you can go online to see what cabin is assigned. On HAL's website, click on 'for booked guests.' Then select your immigration form. It will show your cabin number as 000 until one is assigned ... generally just a few weeks before sailing, as noted above.

When the time gets much, much closer you can check for cabin assignment on the HAL website.

Go to the area for booked guests and book your shore excursions. Your cabin # will appear on one of the pages. This method locks out at the 10-day before mark.

You can also go to the area to complete the Immigration form on-line. At some point your cabin # will appear there, too. You can keep up-dating the form until the assignment is made.

I have done a guarantee twice. The first time the cabin # appeared on day 8 or 9, the second time was at the 14-day point.

My TA was also notified of the cabin assignment can called me with the info. Your TA should also; it's part of the role.

Thanks for the quick response everyone. I was afraid it would be awhile before I would find out out cabin number. Oh well that's what comes with booking a guarentee. We are looking forward to the Holland America experience

Thanks

Dave

Dave, you can go online to see what cabin is assigned. On HAL's website, click on 'for booked guests.' Then select your immigration form. It will show your cabin number as 000 until one is assigned ... generally just a few weeks before sailing, as noted above.

Dave,

I looked at our Immigration form on-line and cannot find the field that covers the cabin number. I have a copy of the booking fax that our TA received from HAL and it shows our cabin number. We had chosen our cabin at the time of booking because we are going B2B and didn't want to move. Can you check again to locate the place where the cabin number is located on the form. Thanks.

Ruffin

Ruffin

I've checked out the Imigration form as that was where I found my cabin #'s on last years Princess and RCI cruises when I had booked guarentees. Alas mine still shows 000 for the October Holland America cruise.

To check your cabin number you have to access the imigration form and then hit "submit" at the bottom and it will bring up a printable version that has the cabin number in the top left corner.

Sounds like it will be awhile before mine changes from 000 to the actual number

Dave

We have a guarantee on the Maasdam sailing on 2/27. I got my docs last week and I still don't have a cabin number. My immigration forms still say 000. When I called HAL yesterday for ship's services, in the conversation I asked about a cabin number. She said we may not know it until a week before, or maybe not even until we arrive in Norfolk. My TA told me that if he hears from them he will call and give me the assignment so I can fill out our luggage tags. An upgrade would be nice but I think I'll be happy in our BB.

Archived