RCI Liberty-Sting Ray private or cruise

cruisegal40

We are on the LOS for our April cruise. My question is, we don't get to GC until 10:00 and we leave by 6:00 so that means back on the ship (tendering and all by 5:30). I am assuming it takes time to tender in. If we decide on a private tour, we will have to wait until all the ship excursions are off. That could take some time. So I am wondering if it would be better to take the ship (usually more expensive) excursion to be on the safe side.

We used Moby Dick tours to do the Stingray and snorkel tour - they had both an early morning and after lunch excursion - the late one should work for you. Great service, great snorkeling, kid sized equipment for families, and so much fun with the Stingrays. Good luck!:)

We used Nativeway Watersports and had a wonderful experience with the rays, snorkeling and some relax time at Rum Point. They made sure to get us back to the dock for the next-to-last tender. They charged about half as much as we would have paid through the cruise line and we had a much smaller group. We would definitely recommend them.

Trish

Another vote for Moby Dick. These independent tour operators are very aware of ship departure times, and they will get you back on time. One missed ship can cost them tons of business and money. They don't let it happen. If you do research and be sure to get a recommended one, that is. If you just "wing it" when you get off the ship, well, then you are taking more of a chance. Moby Dick's boat was fine.

Trish, even with the time shortend? I am just nervous. someone else in on our roll call is doing them also. how was the boat they use? realible?

YOU have to feel comfortable with the excursion. It won't be any fun if you're worried that you'll miss the ship.

As for the reliability of the boat....I know it floated and it got me there and back. That's about all I can say about boats. I remain willfully ignorant of all things mechanical. :)

Have a wonderful time whatever you decide!

Archived