Costa Magica Questions, And I Would LOVE To See Some Pictures Of "GS" and "S" Suites.

Suesan Jean

Hello.....!!! :)

I am new to Costa Cruises and I have a few questions.

There is an eleven day cruise to Russia and surrounding Baltic countries that is just PERFECT for us....!!! icon14.gif

But, I know that Costa is a European cruise line and I was wondering if my DD and I would be the only English speaking passengers on the ship? Or would we just fit in with everybody?

The entertainment on a cruise ship is important to us. Does Costa have really good shows and music? Is the music for the shows "canned" or live (is there a "house" band?).

Are there the usual games, like the Not-So-Newly-Wed game, etc.....???

Are the shows in English or German?

What is the Costa Magica like? How is the food? Are there two fixed Dinner times or is there also "open" dining?

I would TRULY APPRECIATE IT if any of you could share pictures of your "GS" Grand Suites and "S" Suites. :D

I am having 0 luck in finding any pictures.

Also, ANY and ALL opinions and thoughts on the Costa Magica would be GREATLY APPRECIATED......!!!:)

And, if you have any thoughts and opinions on the Costa Magica (or any other Costa ship) cruising to Russia and the Baltic area, that would be just SUPER.....!!! icon14.gif

THANK YOU ALL......!!!:D

You might pick up a Costa catalog from your travel agent (the 2010-2011 issue should be available in a few days) where there are photos and floor plans of various category cabins and suites. Also, the catalog should have the answers to most all of your questions. I've never been on the Magica but in general, the Baltic cruises are heavy with Brits and Germans - maybe 50-60% of the passengers. Dining in the MDR is in two fixed seatings. Shows are live and multilingual, bands, duets, combos, etc. play in most all of the various bars in the evenings. Food is always subjective but I find it reasonably good on Costa ships.

Thank you both for your replies. :)

I did go to cruiseclues and found some pretty good pictures. The cabin looks very much like a Carnival cabin.

I guess going on a Costa cruise will be the opposite of what Europeans experience when they come to the US for a cruise.

We will hear many foreign languages and be a "minority". Which should be quite interesting. I think my DD will find it fascinating.

They itinerary is too good to pass up......!!! :D :D

Archived