Tell me about your favorite ports

luv2gonow

St. Martin and Orient Beach!!! Better than going to Waikiki Beach!

:cool:Bill

I agree St. Martin and Orient Beach...further down the beach it is nude so if you don't want to see :eek: Stay at the other end..the taxi drivers will tell you which is which...beautiful...

Saint Martin, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, was good but so many people selling on the beach...St. Kitts just ok...

That is a hard choice!! I loved Roatan. It is breathtakingly beautiful and undeveloped. Belize was amazing. I loved the Ruins and learning they things are done differently. Grand Cayman was alot of fun, went swimming with the sting rays. Cozumel is ok for shopping and years ago I went on a jeep tour there that was a blast.

Headed to Alaska this year and can't wait for those!!:)

Hey guys....first post on this board. Been lurking around for awhile trying to find out something new. Going on my 3rd cruise on Feb 13.....and looking for some suggestions for Roatan and Belize. Seems some of you like and some of you could care less....

What did you guys do that did not care for it?

And what did you guys do that did like it other than the one beach with the snorkeling in Roatan (which we will probably end up doing!)

1. Roatan. Book with Victor Bodden, and explore this beautiful island and meet the people who call it home. We loved this port.

2. Cozumel, there are just so many different things to do here. Isla Passion being my personal favorite. We also have done the "Caverns and beach by jeep" thru CCL and enjoyed that one as well.

3. Belize. Cave tubing. http://www.cave-tubing.com Very well run operation that delivers as promised. Can't say enough good things about them.

We went to Tabayatha (sp?) beach in Roatan. The beach was great, there was waiters with drinks (not pushy), the snorkelling was excellent right off the beach, te sand was soft, the volleyball good, and the drive to and from over the hill had some great views. We also talked to some shipmates who LOVED ziplining, some who snorkelled, and some who went to a different beach, all loved it. The island itself (aside from the housing), was beautiful.

I've heard a lot about Roatan....sounds beautiful....did you feel safe??

Are you going on the Liberty Eastern?

No...the Miracle out of NY end of June...it usually goes to nassau, HMC and Grand Turk....been to nassau...and always wanted to go to St. Thomas...and my daughter really wants to go to Puerto Rico.....so we picked that(looks like they do this itinerary 3x a year....but next time we will do the other.

ive only been on 2 cruises so far 1 western 1 eastern 7 ports but so far i think my favorite is HMC it is just the true meaning of tropical paradise and HMC stands for half moon kay carnivals private island owned by hal

Half Moon Cay.....ahhhh.....next on my list:D

I agree St. Martin and Orient Beach...further down the beach it is nude so if you don't want to see :eek: Stay at the other end..the taxi drivers will tell you which is which...beautiful...

Saint Martin, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, was good but so many people selling on the beach...St. Kitts just ok...

I'll have to check out Orient beach when i go to St. Martin...I love these boards:D

Since the areas are so varied, I will list favorite port by cruise region:

1. Caribbean: Dominica

2. Alaska: Skagway

3. Hawaii: Lahaina

4. Mediterranean: Venice

5. Baltics: Copenhagen

Wow....I hope i get to cruise all those areas....on my short list is Alaska and Hawaii though:)

That is a hard choice!! I loved Roatan. It is breathtakingly beautiful and undeveloped. Belize was amazing. I loved the Ruins and learning they things are done differently. Grand Cayman was alot of fun, went swimming with the sting rays. Cozumel is ok for shopping and years ago I went on a jeep tour there that was a blast.

Headed to Alaska this year and can't wait for those!!:)

I'm really excited to try Belize.....oh...so many ports...so little time:D

1. Roatan. Book with Victor Bodden, and explore this beautiful island and meet the people who call it home. We loved this port.

2. Cozumel, there are just so many different things to do here. Isla Passion being my personal favorite. We also have done the "Caverns and beach by jeep" thru CCL and enjoyed that one as well.

3. Belize. Cave tubing. http://www.cave-tubing.com Very well run operation that delivers as promised. Can't say enough good things about them.

Wow....Cave Tubing looks AWESOME:D

BTW....is there a limit to how many posts one can copy.....it seems only a few copy through???

In St Thomas we love to snorkel at Coki beach .Shopping here is great too

Our Favorite is Virgin Gorda from TORTOLA ,,,THE BATHS .You need to take the ferry and taxi to the BATHs ,UNBELIeVABLY beautiful

Curacao 's floating Market .Love Curacao for shopping

Loved Alaska and Prince William Sound

The Yukon out of Skagway

Hawaii -Kona

All snorkeling spots

Try Eilat Israel ...WOW

Ok....This is exactly where I am headed over the next week. Sounds perfect - especially the cave-tubing!

If you just want to sit back, relax in the water and enjoy a drink then Half Moon Cay is all for you.

Carnival's based Private Island is a package all in one. Excursions based around the island create an atmosphere that you are all along and no one else is on this island. FYI: The Horseback Riding is so much FUN!!

Carnival also provides all the food in a Buffet style on there enclosed Cafe. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Fruit Salad, Endless salads, Fruits...it's just endless food.

They have several beach activities to participate in at the I wish I could stay here forever BAR!

One Word to describe this Island....AMAZING!!!

That's why I am going back this October for more fun at the Island, this time around; just to relax!

Hands down so far is Cozumel! We have been many times and just love driving around the island.

100_5135.jpg

100_5144.jpg

100_5118-1.jpg

We also like Jamaica, the people are so friendly and warm and we have walked all over and never felt unsafe. Last year we took supplies to a school and the people are so grateful for any help.

We are looking forward to Roatan, we are renting a car and driving around the island there to.

My Choices:

Overall favorite: Venice!

Best ports for walking: Venice, Curacao, Ocho, and San Juan.

Best ports for taking metro, bus, trolley, ferry or taxi: Dubrovnik, Barcelona, Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, and St. Croix.

Best ports for tours: Naples to Sorrento, Livorno to Florence and Pisa, and Messina to Taormina, Dominica through the rainforest, and Grand Cayman for Stingray City.

Best ports for beach days: St. Thomas (St. John), Labadee, Half Moon Cay.

I'm sure I'll be adding some from the next two cruises!

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I would have to say my favorite - hands down - is Roatan. I love that it is still relatively undeveloped. We went to Fins and Flippers (now "Maya Key Roatan" I believe) last time, and we will be going back this time. I think the reason I loved it most is that it is the best snorkeling I have experienced - ever. It felt like we were on our own private island because even though there were about 25 people (yes, only 25) we rarely saw anyone else. Very peaceful and relaxing. Had really reasonable prices on some delicious food as well. We will be going back and doing the same thing in September as well. I know a lot of people take a tour with Victor Bodden and really enjoyed it. Another popular activity is the zip lines. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived