Tell me about your favorite ports

luv2gonow

Hi,

I can see I will be hooked on cruising.....and love to plan:D

Ports I have been to.

Sailed out of NY to....(Absolutely gorgeous leaving out of NY:D

1. St. John(Canada)....not much doing.....IMO...Port is IN Bay of Fundy...and watching the tide change is pretty awesome.

2. Halifax...Very nice Port....great town...nice museum.....1st boats to reach titanic left from Halifax.

Sailed out of Port Canaveral

1. Nassau. not too impressive.....If i had a very long day there I would go to Atlantis.

2. Castaway Cay...(DCL private island)...Awesome in EVERY Way:D

Ok...next cruise out of NY....to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Grand Turk:)

Sooooo excited.

Honestly for me.....I just love to get off the ship and walk around and check a port off of the list that i have been there:D

What are your favorite ports and Why:D????

Thanks

K

We have been on 2 cruises so far. (both rccl) we have been to Ocho Rios (loved it...did the Falls and river tubing) Grand Cayman (loved it, did the 3 snorkel stop including Stingray City) Cozumel, (loved it, just did some shopping) and Labadee (rccls private beach area) (not so impressd with this) 2nd cruise was to St. Thomas (not as impressed as I thought I would be, we went to Coral world, Coki Beach, paradise Point tram, and did some shopping) San Juan...(loved loved loved this one. We just walked around and went to El Morro, and did a little shopping..not much, becuse things closed not long after we arrived). We also went to the Dominican Republic...hated this, and back to Labadee again...a little better this time, but went back to the ship early, and hung out by the pool.

Our next cruise is next January stopping in Key West and Cozemel again. I can't wait to go get some more vanilla!:D

St Martin, Virgin Islands and Costa Maya, Mexico are our two favorite ports.

I would love to go back to St. Marten....stayed there for a week once.

Sint Maarten - if I was to have my pick of places to live, that would be it.

looks like it's official...i need to go back there:D

We have been on 2 cruises so far. (both rccl) we have been to Ocho Rios (loved it...did the Falls and river tubing) Grand Cayman (loved it, did the 3 snorkel stop including Stingray City) Cozumel, (loved it, just did some shopping) and Labadee (rccls private beach area) (not so impressd with this) 2nd cruise was to St. Thomas (not as impressed as I thought I would be, we went to Coral world, Coki Beach, paradise Point tram, and did some shopping) San Juan...(loved loved loved this one. We just walked around and went to El Morro, and did a little shopping..not much, becuse things closed not long after we arrived). We also went to the Dominican Republic...hated this, and back to Labadee again...a little better this time, but went back to the ship early, and hung out by the pool.

Our next cruise is next January stopping in Key West and Cozemel again. I can't wait to go get some more vanilla!:D

Ahem....LOL...was that "code" from the s#ingers thread....

What did you not like about Labadee....just curious. Have you been to other private islands?

Thanks

K

So far, Antigua!!! One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to.

Barbados is a close 2nd. Did a snorkeling/beach excursion on the "Thriller".

I have heard those beaches are stunning.....Is Antiqua the port where some ships are not going because of crime/murder.....just wondering...I know there is crime everywhere.

St. Martin and Orient Beach!!! Better than going to Waikiki Beach!

:cool:Bill

Is Orient beach in St. Martin...if so...which side...french/dutch?

Thanks

K

Roatan is probably my favorite. St. Thomas (St. John) 2nd.

Was to Ocho twice, enjoyed Dunn's Falls, but by the 2nd time I had had enough. not a fan.

Liked Cozumel every time I had been there.

Belize I could take or leave.

Always like Grand Cayman, but being a tender port (aka weather dependent) sucks.

Nassau and Freeport were blah.

St. Martin we did the sailboat racing, which was great fun, and almost everyone else who went there liked it too it seemed regarless of their activity for the day.

My personal favorite is Grand Cayman. We did a tour of the island (jolly roger, i think) and a stingray excursion. We are going back this summer and doing turtle farm and hell. It is just an amazing island. I would spend several days there instead of several hours.

Cozumel is nice. The first time I was there was right after Hurricane Rita, and they were just getting their electricity back on our port day there. We have been there several times and have always done something different. We are going back there this May.

Nassau is great. We took a tour of the city and went to the big staircase and Fort Fincastle. After that we went to Atlantis and sat in the big golden chair (want to go back to Atlantis someday). Then, we were off to Blue Lagoon Island (I LOVE dolphins).

Freeport was also neat. We have been there twice and both times went down to the beach (about 10 minutes from the pier) and went parasailing (a must do for any adventure seeker).

We have also been to Costa Maya but didn't really do much there because it was a last minute itinerary change. And we went to Xcaret (At Calica) and I plan to go back someday.

I don't know if it is because I just love to travel and see things that I like it all, or if I have fun with my family that I travel with, but I have been pleased with every port I have gone to. It might also depend on what you like and what you decide to do at each port. :D

HMC has to be my favorite port! Get a cabana and just RELAX and ENJOY!

Grand Cayman was great! Been twice and both times rays, reef, and rum with Native ways. I dont tihnk I could ever get sick of this tour. But should try and see something else if we ever get back.

San Juan I was not sure about this port. We had only planned to walk to the forts and around town a bit. We where in 7 am - 330 pm. We slept in that day and did not get off the ship til 1030 or so. If I had only known how great the Forts where I would of gotten up earlier. I felt so rushed to take it all in. Guess we just need to go back. This was the one prt that I was taken by surprise on. THe surprise was how much I loved it!

I would love to go back to St. Marten....stayed there for a week once.

looks like it's official...i need to go back there:D

Ahem....LOL...was that "code" from the s#ingers thread....

What did you not like about Labadee....just curious. Have you been to other private islands?

Thanks

K

Haha...no code. Just loved the vanilla in Cozumel. I got it at Los Cincos Sol which had tons of great things at really great prices.

I did not like how pushy the locals were in Labadee. It was almost scary for me. They surrounded us and got between my husband and I, then were just very pushy with their sales. I understand that Haiti is a very poor country, and I did buy some of their wares (for way more than I would have purchased it elsewhere) but when we went there the second time, we avoided this area completly. They do have some people selling things inside a building also, and those are fixed prices...no pushyness.:D

HMC has to be my favorite port! Get a cabana and just RELAX and ENJOY!

Grand Cayman was great! Been twice and both times rays, reef, and rum with Native ways. I dont tihnk I could ever get sick of this tour. But should try and see something else if we ever get back.

San Juan I was not sure about this port. We had only planned to walk to the forts and around town a bit. We where in 7 am - 330 pm. We slept in that day and did not get off the ship til 1030 or so. If I had only known how great the Forts where I would of gotten up earlier. I felt so rushed to take it all in. Guess we just need to go back. This was the one prt that I was taken by surprise on. THe surprise was how much I loved it!

What is HMC??? I can't wait to go to Puerto Rico....I hear it is beautiful walking around Old San Juan....is that where the forts are???

Haha...no code. Just loved the vanilla in Cozumel. I got it at Los Cincos Sol which had tons of great things at really great prices.

I did not like how pushy the locals were in Labadee. It was almost scary for me. They surrounded us and got between my husband and I, then were just very pushy with their sales. I understand that Haiti is a very poor country, and I did buy some of their wares (for way more than I would have purchased it elsewhere) but when we went there the second time, we avoided this area completly. They do have some people selling things inside a building also, and those are fixed prices...no pushyness.:D

Labadee???? Isn't that the private island??? If it is was this on the beach?

My favorite (out of the 4 I've been to!) is Belize. I loved it. Fascinating country!

I'll get there one day:D

Roatan is probably my favorite. St. Thomas (St. John) 2nd.

Was to Ocho twice, enjoyed Dunn's Falls, but by the 2nd time I had had enough. not a fan.

Liked Cozumel every time I had been there.

Belize I could take or leave.

Always like Grand Cayman, but being a tender port (aka weather dependent) sucks.

Nassau and Freeport were blah.

St. Martin we did the sailboat racing, which was great fun, and almost everyone else who went there liked it too it seemed regarless of their activity for the day.

What did you love so much about Roatan....did you do a tour/ beach?? Thanks

My personal favorite is Grand Cayman. We did a tour of the island (jolly roger, i think) and a stingray excursion. We are going back this summer and doing turtle farm and hell. It is just an amazing island. I would spend several days there instead of several hours.

Cozumel is nice. The first time I was there was right after Hurricane Rita, and they were just getting their electricity back on our port day there. We have been there several times and have always done something different. We are going back there this May.

Nassau is great. We took a tour of the city and went to the big staircase and Fort Fincastle. After that we went to Atlantis and sat in the big golden chair (want to go back to Atlantis someday). Then, we were off to Blue Lagoon Island (I LOVE dolphins).

Freeport was also neat. We have been there twice and both times went down to the beach (about 10 minutes from the pier) and went parasailing (a must do for any adventure seeker).

We have also been to Costa Maya but didn't really do much there because it was a last minute itinerary change. And we went to Xcaret (At Calica) and I plan to go back someday.

I don't know if it is because I just love to travel and see things that I like it all, or if I have fun with my family that I travel with, but I have been pleased with every port I have gone to. It might also depend on what you like and what you decide to do at each port. :D

I hear you.....I've never had a bad vacation.....BTW...I am knocking the wood on my head...LOL.....I love to go....go....go....plan...plan...plan:D

Labadee is a private beach area on Haiti. There do have locals that work there selling their wares. There are a couple of beaches, but RCCL has made some changes recently, where they have added a roller coaster, zipline, and one of the beaches is now for suite guests. :D

galapagos islands by far. Dubrovnik, Capri are also awesome. All Alaska stops are great. Castaway Key is also great

Sounds exotic:D Definately want to do Alaska.....worried my 8yr old will be bored by all of the breathtaking beauty:o

I've only done one cruise but my favorite stop was St. Thomas. Absolutely breathtaking.

I'm so excited to go to St.Thomas on my next cruise...Megans Bay...here i come:D

I loved Cozumel and Grand Turk!

Grand Turk is also one of my stops as is Puerto Rico....Looks like I'm in for an awesome cruise:pI'm sooooo psyched:D

We went to Tabayatha (sp?) beach in Roatan. The beach was great, there was waiters with drinks (not pushy), the snorkelling was excellent right off the beach, te sand was soft, the volleyball good, and the drive to and from over the hill had some great views. We also talked to some shipmates who LOVED ziplining, some who snorkelled, and some who went to a different beach, all loved it. The island itself (aside from the housing), was beautiful.

Sounds exotic:D Definately want to do Alaska.....worried my 8yr old will be bored by all of the breathtaking beauty:o

I'm so excited to go to St.Thomas on my next cruise...Megans Bay...here i come:D

Grand Turk is also one of my stops as is Puerto Rico....Looks like I'm in for an awesome cruise:pI'm sooooo psyched:D

Are you going on the Liberty Eastern?

Archived