Loved our Silver Shadow cruise!

radiogal880

It was our first time on the Silverseas cruise line, and I HIGHLY recommend the experience. From the moment we got off the airplane in Ft. Lauderdale, until we disembarked in LA, it was service, service, service, not to mention absolutely delicious food and great entertainment the entire time. Nothing to be done for the one day of pretty scary ocean conditions, except listen to the excellent advice from the crew to not drink too many fluids, and keep bread or crackers in your stomach at all times. Also, I took Meclizine the entire cruise and never really felt bad except for one "self induced" morning of too much champagne the night before.

The rooms and large and comfortable with a walk-in closet. I was amazed. Plus, our butler made sure everything was perfect! I miss her!

We've only cruised on larger ships before and this proved there is nothing like a smaller ship for an exceptional time. Bon Voyage!!

. Nothing to be done for the one day of pretty scary ocean conditions, except listen to the excellent advice from the crew to not drink too many fluids, and keep bread or crackers in your stomach at all times.
Great to hear that you liked it, as we did on our Panama Canal on the same ship in December, 2007. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=680435 By the way, how "scary" was the sea in your case? Where did that happen, how high were the swells and what was the wind speed? Did most passengers get sick?

Glad you enjoyed the Shadow.We think the Shadow is the star ship of the Silversea fleet having complrted 24 cruises on her to all parts of the World. The staff and service are always excellent plus.Who was the cruise director because David Lawton CD on our cruise Oct?Dec 2009 left when we disembarked. Were the delightful dancers Chantelle, Sophie and Kirsty still dancing the night away? Happy cruising.

.We think the Shadow is the star ship of the Silversea fleet having complrted 24 cruises on her to all parts of the World. .

So are you one of the two British couples on our voyage in 2007 who had 400 days?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=680435 (posting #6)

"On board were two American couples with more than 600 days and two British couples with more than 400 days."

Really glad that you enjoyed your first Silversea experience on Shadow. That was my same feeling when I took my first cruise on Shadow. Wonderful ship, wonderful cruise, wonderful passengers and all in all a luxury cruise experience.

The bad news is that there is no going back to mass or premium cruise lines!

I believe he is on Silver Whisper which we join on 14 Feb. We met him in July in London and he said he would be on the Whisper at this time.

Thanks. He has been CD on a couple of our cruises (most recently Alaska on the Shadow in September) - he is always good for a laugh!

Lawton is joining in Honolulu next week. He is a wonderful old time CD. Started with Royal Viking in the early 80's I believe.

We keep slogging along through squalls at 3*N. Pollywog lunch, I don't thinik that there are many aboard!!!

Archived