Reading PA Snowstorm

Beach Girl

15 inches of snow as of 1:30 More to come Blizzard conditions later Snowed in Hoping snow will be all gone for my 2/20/ IOS Cruise Anyone else snowed in at this time

Sounds like you may be lucky to get out of the snow before June...:eek: It is worse than I saw in AK over Christmas...amazing to see from afar where we are not seeing any snow. ** So much for global warming **

15 inches of snow as of 1:30 More to come Blizzard conditions later Snowed in Hoping snow will be all gone for my 2/20/ IOS Cruise Anyone else snowed in at this time

How about the entire northeast?

lol, Yogi. I almost typed the same thing!

What's going on outside my window in Queens right now is pretty horrific...

I'm a teacher and my school has been closed everyday and already called off for tomorrow. Friday is supposed to be a "professional development" day for us but who knows? ( I really don't mind going in when the kids are not there LOL!) We will have to make up these days in June unless they were declared emergencies by the governor. I was planning an Alaska cruise in June so I better hold off picking a date until I know when I will be finished with school. Near white-out conditions now.

Stay safe and warm all!

Where in Queens? We are in Astoria.

Hey do you know the contestant on American Idol? lol

I'm staying at a friend's parents' house in Fresh Meadows, right near where I grew up (well, from age 10). About a mile from the LIE at exit 25. :) I hope you got to stay home today! (I would say "obviously you did," but a lot of people seem to "cruise" this board even from work.) :)

We had 32+" on Saturday and 26+" today. I haven't seen this much snow in I can't remember when. I don't mind being in the house; but I hate it when I HAVE to be in the house.

I say come on March. I'm ready to be in the Caribbean, sitting by the pool, sipping on a froo froo drink.:)

a lot of people seem to "cruise" this board even from work.) :)

Works ok if you own the business...

I was happy to see some of the folks I work with at one of my vendors working remotely from home...big relief given some of the work they need to get done ASAP...

Has the snow let up for you in Queens?

Works ok if you own the business...

I was happy to see some of the folks I work with at one of my vendors working remotely from home...big relief given some of the work they need to get done ASAP...

Has the snow let up for you in Queens?

It's 10:30. I last went outside around 9 and it was still really coming down. Not sure if it is now though. I can't even see my car. Ack!

It's 10:30. I last went outside around 9 and it was still really coming down. Not sure if it is now though. I can't even see my car. Ack!

You lost your car in the snow drifts? :eek:

Never had that happen...I have been at the ranch when the fog was so thick I could not see even the fences around the field I was standing in...or both mornings coming back into Galveston waking up to see no more than a few cabin balconies down the ship...and no vision of the Island a few miles away...

Hope life gets back to normal quickly.

Sadly, no, I didn't lose my car in the drifts. I lost it in the snow that was coming down and when the truck came and plowed all the snow on the street into the driver's sides of all the cars, lol.

I shoveled the walk four times today, down to the sidewalk. It's loaded with snow again. Boooo!

Sadly, no, I didn't lose my car in the drifts. I lost it in the snow that was coming down and when the truck came and plowed all the snow on the street into the driver's sides of all the cars, lol.

I shoveled the walk four times today, down to the sidewalk. It's loaded with snow again. Boooo!

Urgh...those pesky snowplows...clears the street right onto your car. I guess I would just be stuck in the driveway...

I used a snowblower once...in Winterpeg, Canada years ago...it was fun since it was a unique experience...if it snows here...no driving is planned so no need to move the fraction of an inch of snow that shuts down the South...

I'm renting a friend's parents' house at the moment...they're attached houses and there are no driveways (!). I'd rather be trapped in a driveway because when they plow you in, they push the snow against the car. Amazingly, a friend is coming over tomorrow to help me, which will be a tremendous help. When we had our Dec 20 storm, it took me 3 hours to dig out my car. I couldn't move for two days, lol.

I would LOVE to use a snow blower (sounds like fun) but they don't have one!

Where do you live? I spent 2 winters in the DFW area and yes, when we had an inch of snow, it was armageddon! :)

I am in West Houston...and spend part of the weekend at my ranch out South of LaGrange, TX. I wish I had a paved driveway there...its a total mud mess now...50+ head of cattle mucking it up...using the tractor to move hay around does not help the muddy mess... As it is now, I have to park by the street and walk 1/3 of a mile back to where I store the tractor in order to get things going.

I keep the Pilot out front even though it is 4wd because I prefer to NOT get it stuck in deep mud...I have stuck a trailer once...had to unhitch it from the Pilot get the tractor to pull the tractor out. So far never stuck the Pilot but don't want to have a first time... I guess though using a tractor and chains to pull it out is probably better than having to shoves snow off the driver side of the car.

My 4 wheeler is even further back towards the North end of the ranch...it can be a blast to play with... Perhaps I will bring it home to be cleaned up and get an oil change next week.

Oh well, Saturday I hope to see 2-5 more new calves out there. As cute as they can be it makes working in the mud a bit more fun.

Oh well, Saturday I hope to see 2-5 more new calves out there. As cute as they can be it makes working in the mud a bit more fun.

Rancher Dave, please post some pictures of those newborn calves. I miss your avatar picture of your big long horn(?). This suburban girl really enjoys seeing them. The wildest thing I've been near lately was a litter of bulldog puppies.:D

Archived