My Time Dining- Grandeur

We will be traveling with a party of 8 on the Grandeur on the 5 night, April 3 cruise out of Tampa.

Will we have any trouble getting a table together each night? Do we need to go to the DR early in the day and put in a "reservation"? Have never sailed on RCI (or with such a big party), so not sure on the details of their dining room.

Thanks for the insight!

You can either make a reservation for each night, or not..it's up to you. There may be a short wait while they get an 8-top set up...most MTDers are doubles, so if you can't wait a couple mins (with a drink in hand you got before going to the dining room!), then make reservations! This is for My Time Dining, only!

If you're booked into one of the traditional dining times, then you need to make sure your booking/reservation numbers are "linked"...Call your TA or RCI and do that. Then, you'll all be at the same table...you won't need to do a thing.

We will be traveling with a party of 8 on the Grandeur on the 5 night, April 3 cruise out of Tampa.

Will we have any trouble getting a table together each night? Do we need to go to the DR early in the day and put in a "reservation"? Have never sailed on RCI (or with such a big party), so not sure on the details of their dining room.

Thanks for the insight!

I don't know if they had standing reservation during our cruise but we saw the same group (10) having dinner at the same table on the 2 nights we had our dinner at 8 pm at a 2 top.

It may be little more difficult for a larger group, but I'm sure the staff has experience with that sort of thing. Just go to the MDR as soon as you board and ask what would be the best way to assure sitting together as a group if you're doing MTD.

Enjoy the Grandeur, we sure did, and Tampa is a nice port to sail out of. Make sure you're on your balcony or the opened decks ~7-7:30. Seeing the Sky Bridge just above is magical. Assuming you sail at 5 pm. It does take about 2 hours plus for the ship to get under the bridge.

You should have no problems. After you check-in, have barely boarded, and just before you enter the inside of the ship, you will find a "My Time Dining" table staffed by waiters who are on rotation to assist you. These are the people who will seat you every day. Get to know them, tip them well, avoid the 6:00pm and 8:30pm rush and you will be treated like royalty. Life is simple on the ship. The staff try very hard to please you. Show them respect, let them know what you desire, understand that they are away from their families to earn money and your cruise will be fantastic.

Archived