Are we the only people who will miss the Journey's cruise on 2/12/10?

mdkatie

We live in Maryland and are having a blizzard. All airlines have cancelled flights. The earlierst we could fly out to Miami would be Fri. afternoon and would be too late to get to the ship.

Sadly, we've had to cancel our cruise. Thank goodness for travel insurance.

We wonder if anyone else is in the same situation.

We live in Maryland and are having a blizzard. All airlines have cancelled flights. The earlierst we could fly out to Miami would be Fri. afternoon and would be too late to get to the ship.

Sadly, we've had to cancel our cruise. Thank goodness for travel insurance.

We wonder if anyone else is in the same situation.

Hi MdKatie !

Im sorry to hear of your cancellation. I am sure it wont make you feel any better, but I have to believe there are many others out there, who will miss their sailings during the next few days.

Thank goodness you have the Cruise insurance. Like I always say, never leave home without it. I hope you book your next sailing soon. Good Luck !

I am so sorry that you had to cancel your cruise! I know your area was hit very hard with snow.

There are many coming from all parts of the country on our 2/12/10 Journey Roll Call. Some of them chose to leave early when they heard the forecast and some are just hoping for the best. I will be traveling through Atlanta, Ga. and they are calling for snow tomorrow. I am praying that it doesn't hit until later in the day.

My partner and I missed our cruise on December 20th- we were due on the festive Caribbean cruise on the Queen Mary 2 and had waited 7 months for the holiday! snow in NYC and washington and London meant no flights were leaving Heathrow and we had to spend all of Christmas and New Year in England- a very cold wet and rainy England when we should have been on a warm bech and the glorious ship! I certainly feel your pain.

• 2 weeks later...

10 couples missed the ship in Miami, but flew to St. John USVI (first port) and boarded the ship there. There was one Canadian couple who made the ship, but there luggage did not. They were hoping the luggage would make it to one of the Ports of Call. I don't know if it did or not. For their sake, I hope so. I do believe there were a few cancellations. Just about everyone had a story to tell about how they got to the ship. We missed you!

Archived