Pearl vs Star Alaska May 2011

Pebbs48

Help me decide between the two! The itineraries are identical down to the hours spent in each port - Vancouver to Seattle.

We are not all about the "bells & whistles" (rock climbing wall, bowling alley, etc.)

If we go on the Pearl, it's an aft mini-suite/deluxe balcony. If we go on the Star, it's an aft balcony. Do they not have aft mini's on the Star? The price difference is $650 total which in the grand scheme of things seems nominal.

I don't really know what questions to ask so opinions of both ships would be helpful. My PCC was really trying to talk me into the Pearl but is that because he makes more off the higher fare?

Thanks!

Help me decide between the two! The itineraries are identical down to the hours spent in each port - Vancouver to Seattle.

We are not all about the "bells & whistles" (rock climbing wall, bowling alley, etc.)

If we go on the Pearl, it's an aft mini-suite/deluxe balcony. If we go on the Star, it's an aft balcony. Do they not have aft mini's on the Star? The price difference is $650 total which in the grand scheme of things seems nominal.

I don't really know what questions to ask so opinions of both ships would be helpful. My PCC was really trying to talk me into the Pearl but is that because he makes more off the higher fare?

Thanks!

Do both go to Glacier Bay? I know that the Star does not this year. We really wanted to go to Glacier Bay versus Sawyer Glacier/Tracy Arm so we chose the Pearl for 2010.

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sun Vancouver - 4:00 PM

Mon Cruise Inside Passage

Tue Ketchikan 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

Wed Juneau 7:00 AM 1:30 PM

Thu Skagway 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Prince Rupert 4:00 PM 10:00 PM

Sat At Sea

Sun Seattle 8:00 AM

Do both go to Glacier Bay? I know that the Star does not this year. We really wanted to go to Glacier Bay versus Sawyer Glacier/Tracy Arm so we chose the Pearl for 2010.

Without looking, from what I've seen this year, I'd be surprised if either of the Van-Sea relocation cruises goes to glacier bay

the map is showing sawyer glacier for both. since the ports and glacier is the same, i would go with the later day. chance for better weather, plus more things being open and available by mid-may then in early may.

I didn't think about that! The Pearl sails on May 8th; the Star sails on the 14th.

the map is showing sawyer glacier for both. since the ports and glacier is the same, i would go with the later day. chance for better weather, plus more things being open and available by mid-may then in early may.

I agree completely...but what do I know? I'm sailing to Alaska on the Pearl May 1 LOL

we sailed the Alaskan iteniary on the Star last May..the weather reports had us getting our rain gear..instead we had sunny warm day..:confused:

we definitely overpacked..

we embarked on Sat. cuz we wanted a extra day to wind down from our

cruise..we met the Pearl in Skagway..

Archived