Limited Cabins Show on Princess Site

turquoisesea

We are schedule to be on the Emerald at the end of August. The cabins that show up as available have not changed in the BA, BB, or BC categories since we booked over three weeks ago. :eek: I also noticed that there is still not a posting for our cruise on the Roll Call boards. I really want another cabin then they are offering on the Princess website. Does anyone know if Princess releases cabins in groups? When we booked our Lido deck cabin the one beside it showed up a few hours later as available. Can anyone shed any light on how this works?

Have you tried putting in the cabin number you are interested in on the princess site? They only show 6 or 8 cabins (sorry, can't remember if it is 6 or 8) at a time (no matter how many are available), but if you look down towards the bottom of the booking page, it has a place for you to put in the cabin number you are interested in and they will tell you if it's available.

Or, you can call Princess, or contact your TA, and they can also let you know which cabins are still available.

Thanks Toto, I will try putting the cabin number in. I asked my TA (who I have used for years and years) and she said that was all that was available, but that just does not make sense! Maybe she just didn't ask!

Try putting in a few cabin numbers and see if they are available. If they are, and you were told no other ones were empty...........well, it probably means she didn't even check. If you can't find any others available, then it probably means she checked, and was correct. ;) Good Luck!

Fabulous!! It worked! There are actually a few of the aft balcony cabins that come up available and almost every number I put in on the Lido deck comes up as available! Everyone seems to like them the aft bacins, so I'll have to do a search and see if I can get more info. Thank you!

Well, glad I could help. Now you can move to the location you prefer. Just think of the surprised look your TA will have on their face when you call with a stateroom number they said wasn't available. lol ;)

If I was you, they'd be my ex-TA if they didn't even bother checking for me and I had to find the info myself!!

hehehe....We just snagged Aft B749 by checking website everday

and then booking direct!

With all due respect:

With the Internet, TAs are history.

I do my research and book all our travel,

flights, hotels and cruises direct.

Never had a problem.

...but that's just me...

Regards.

:cool::cool::cool:

Another trick to try if you are not looking for a specific stateroom but rather a different "location" on a deck is to up the number if people on your search request. Staterooms that will accomadate 3 or 4 will not pop up if there are sufficient rooms available to satisfy your search for a stateroom for only 2 people. Stumbled across this trick last year when searching for a stateroom on Caribe and nothing was showing available for my search for 2 passengers. I managed to "fat-finger" party of 3 and up pops lots of Caribe deck cabins!

You can also start a booking on an online site. I know for certain, that one site shows you all available cabins in a category, but, of course, I can't mention the name here.;)

On another note, now that you have found your dream cabin, you'd better make sure your TA has your reservation marked for no upgrades. Otherwise you might lose it again, if Princess decides to "upgrade" you.:eek:

Archived