Family Style Veggies on RCCL

One of the things I miss in the Dining Room On RCI is the Waiters bringing platters of Veggies around and serving you from those platters. You could have as much or little of whatever you wanted instead of the vegetable of the day. Baked potatoes were also on a platter. Maybe it just felt more like home, but you still were being served in style.

There are many great reasons to take a cruise.

But why would you spend your money to go away from home, and then prefer to have things just like they are at home?

Isn't the main idea to travel and experience things that are NOT the same way they are at home?

At home I do not have a waiter, maybe you have a spouse,:) serving me my veggies.I guess my point was that I got a chance to choose what I wanted to eat. To me real family style is bowls on the table. This was not that. It was a serving platter with the choices of the day. I guess I do not enjoy seeeing whayever the chef feels like giving me on my plate. Good Sailing, Murf

I just got back off the Voyager and vegetable were on the menu in small print at the bottom. I order them every night and the waiter served me first but then offer the rest around the table. Actually after the first couple of night he just brought them....I forgot on the 3rd night and he just brought them and then he asked every night after that. You could also order baked or mashed potatoes and I believe one other item I forget what.

Did they refuse your request for these, or didn't you ask at all?

To answer your question I assumed(yes I know about assume) they had scrapped the old way and that getting veggies on your plate with your entre is now the accepted way. That is why I often or a side pasta. I know I am not going to eat the veggies of the day.

Archived