CRISIS - Thomson Destiny

We were on the Destiny at the same time as Master Poo (and even went on some trips together). We knew that the cabins would be small (we had a 4 berth inside cabin) but accepted this would be the downside and it turned out to be fine. Obviously i would love to have a cabin with a balcony but with any other company the cost would have been double for the same/similar cruise. All the lounges and bar areas were well presented and had been refitted in the last few years. We ate in the Seven Seas every evening and unlike MasterPoo we found the food was very good (and we eat out a lot back home.) My teenage son even got to try snails one night!

The entertainment was very good except for the English Commedian who we thought was awful (think bad working mens club).

Yes the boat is small compared to the Ventura or the American ship we docked next to a few times but i think that this worked in our favour as it allowed the kids a bit more freedom as we knew they were never far away.

I would gladly go back!

Everyone I spoke to except one lady said they would happily rebook, personally I just wouldnt! I like a more modern feel. On the last day I discovered the toilet behind reception and if the entire ship's decor was similar to those toilets I would have been pleased. :D

For me the decor was not nice, the food was BLAND. We were way too tired to go to the shows in the eve so can't comment on that. I know some people compared it to Butlins on sea, Ive never been to Butlins but if thats what Butlins is like I will NEVER go!

Mckaslt yes we were in 3017. Best advice is to just go with the flow and enjoy yourself, we did, having said all that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the cruise anyway and we didnt spend that much time on the actual ship!

We all loved the River Tubing excursion (Dominica) we did the Slodge and BoozeCruise

Btw forgot to let you all know that our flight was delayed, we were scheduled to depart at 21h30, after 3 hours pilot finally emerged to tell us he was not keen on flying out due to NO FOOD on the plane, he did suggest booking over night into a hotel but all we wanted to do was go home! So he told us to "raid" the airport, which some people took to mean LOOT the airport!! Anyway we ended up with free drinks, snacks and burgers from Nathan's Burger joint. We finally all got our food and embarked at 02h00 only to have someone decide they had forgotten their Very Important meds in their luggage :eek::D:mad:, so there was a delay of about an hour. We finally left Dominican Republic at 03h00 (I think)!!!!!!!!

My teenage son even got to try snails one night!

Glad to see they still serve them! I had 3 plates of them last time

Masterpoo

The food wasnt the best when we went back in 2006, It was chicken and beef constantly for a week

The Dream will be more modern and should the prices come down from an extortionate level, we will consider it but at the minute id rather have 2 cruises for the price of the dream on some itineraries.

I know some people compared it to Butlins on sea, Ive never been to Butlins but if thats what Butlins is like I will NEVER go!

I went to Butlin's every year as a child and I can assure people that NOTHING is as bad as that! Entertainment on Thomson's ships is pretty much the same as it is on a typicle Thomson's package holiday. There's better out there but there's also a hell of a lot worse!

I know some people compared it to Butlins on sea, Ive never been to Butlins but if thats what Butlins is like I will NEVER go!

I went to Butlin's every year as a child and I can assure people that NOTHING is as bad as that! Entertainment on Thomson's ships is pretty much the same as it is on a typicle Thomson's package holiday. There's better out there but there's also a hell of a lot worse!

The Dream will be more modern and should the prices come down from an extortionate level, we will consider it but at the minute id rather have 2 cruises for the price of the dream on some itineraries.

I don`t know

I was booked on IE and cancelled then booked the Dream for not much more than i was paying for IE.The only thing I missed out on booking the Dream was the free AI on IE

Archived