Blue Lagoon & Carnival?

mandyc3383

I've been looking into the Blue Lagoon in Nassau. Carnival offers a beach day excursion there. However the excursion is offered on a Thursday which I thought the beach was closed on Thursday. As well the excursion leaves the dock at 11:30 but when I checked the Blue Lagoon website there is no ferry leaving at 11:30.

Is the 11:30 ferry departure and the beach open on Thursday strictly for the cruise line excursion? If that is the case, will the the workers at Blue Lagoon still begin to close shop at 3pm for the 4pm departure like usual? The exscursion time is listed until 4pm. Does that mean that the last ferry departs at 4pm or will you be back at the dock at 4pm?

Any help would be great, Thanks!!!!

If you book through Carnival they will have their own transportation to the Island (right from the ship) - so the Blue Lagoon ferry times don't apply to you.

We actually booked privately (on a Thursday, because my kids will be doing the sea lion encounter and I would rather book directly) We'll be going on the 1:30 ferry from Paradise Island because that's the first one we can catch, but we're ok with that.

I'm really looking forward to it and I think we will all have a nice time there.

Good luck to you too!

If you book through Carnival they will have their own transportation to the Island (right from the ship) - so the Blue Lagoon ferry times don't apply to you.

We actually booked privately (on a Thursday, because my kids will be doing the sea lion encounter and I would rather book directly) We'll be going on the 1:30 ferry from Paradise Island because that's the first one we can catch, but we're ok with that.

I'm really looking forward to it and I think we will all have a nice time there.

Good luck to you too!

I keep reading that the beach on Blue Lagoon is closed on Thursdays.. yet the carnival site offers a beach excursion there. Does anyone know if this has changed? Perhaps the beach is open on Thurs. for Carnival guests? I'd love to do the beach and dolphin encounter with my family when we are there in December. Does anyone have any input?

Thanks!:D

Blue Lagoon told me that the beach is open to Carnival guests only through their excursion. So yes you can book the excursion for Thursday through Carnival, but no you can't book the beach day through Blue Lagoon. You can however book dolphin or sea lion encounters through Blue Lagoon because they are open on Thursdays.

• 3 weeks later...

Nassau we went to BLUE LAGOON (Dolphin encounters) a 30-minute boat ride to the island. This excursion was through the ship because that is the only way you can do a beach day there on Thursdays. They are normally closed on Thursdays and Sundays. But have a deal set up with Carnival to have beach days on the two “closed days” . It is much cheaper to do the private excersion to blue lagoon , but we had no choice, as they are closed on Thursdays to private excersions. This place was awesome. Beer and drinks were a bit expensive but it was an incredible place. awesome beach with clear water incide a awesome lagoon, lots of snorkeling and water activities. And you can also swim with or just get close to take pictures with Dolphins, sea lions and a sea turtle. The dolphins are awesome and put on a show as soon as people show up on the decks to see them. Lunch was good cheeseburger, fries and punch. The ride back they give you a harbor tour and point out several celebs homes, (tiger woods, Opera, etc) We got back in time to walk around Nassau and look in the stores before getting on the ship. Friday we were in Freeport. We did the deadmans reef/ paradise cove. (Non-carnival excursion) We got off the ship and went to the hut that said paradise cove and we were 2 of 5 people going. There van picked up promptly at 9am and my wife was wondering what the hell I booked because no one was going with us. The driver was great gave us an education of the island. The drive there is about 20 minutes and it is thru the very poor and dirty part of the island, which even made my wife more curious what I got us into. When we got the paradise cove she said WOW this place is awesome. $35.00 got us transportation to and from the cove, a free rum punch drink, which was awesome, and a beach lounge chair. Corona was 3 bucks along with several other beers, pepsi fr a buck. They had food and drinks for a great price Snorkeling gear, kayaks, wet suits were available for a very reasonable fee. We spent a great day on the beach where we found many shells and sand dollars. Barry and his family and staff were very nice The driver was very prompt in coming onto the beach to get us at noon to have us back by 1230. We arrived back at 1230 and were able to walk around the straw market before getting on the ship.

If I were to go back to Freeport and Nassau I would not hesitate to go to deadmans reef/paradise cover (Freeport) and Blue Lagoon (Nassau ) again . YOU SHOULD NOT MISS EITHER OF THESE 2 PLACES, YOU WILL BE SORRY. Oh and both places are very kid friendly and kids would have a great time along with adults.Thanks to scub girl for the ideas.

Thank you so much for this information! These are our 2 ports on our cruise and I've already decided to do Blue Lagoon..thanks to everyone on here that has given me information. We will definitely have to check into Deadmans Reef/Paradise Cove! Where did you go to book that excursion? Glad you guys had a good time!

We are on the same ship going out in April. What did you do in Port Cavernal? Also we would like to do Deadmans Reef in Freeport where and who do we get in touch with for this excursion. How was your overall experience on the ship and off?

On and off the ship was a breeze in ports....

for deadmansreef go to deadmansreef (dot)com

you can email barry the owner at pcove(at)coralwave.com he is a great guy. Have no worrys about doing a non carnival excursion they make it there mission to get you from and too the ship on time. you can also use there website to contact them.

for port canaveral, we just did the non carnival bus to ron jon /cocco beach it was 10 bucks each way and the shuttle ran every half hr or so

if you want pics of deadmansreef or pcove you can email me, but i will not be able to send them to you probably till next weekend. ard733(at)gmail.com

We are on the same ship going out in April. What did you do in Port Cavernal? Also we would like to do Deadmans Reef in Freeport where and who do we get in touch with for this excursion. How was your overall experience on the ship and off?

Hi Tuxjamie, we'll be on the same cruise!

Nassau we went to BLUE LAGOON (Dolphin encounters) a 30-minute boat ride to the island. This excursion was through the ship because that is the only way you can do a beach day there on Thursdays. They are normally closed on Thursdays and Sundays. But have a deal set up with Carnival to have beach days on the two “closed days” . It is much cheaper to do the private excersion to blue lagoon , but we had no choice, as they are closed on Thursdays to private excersions. This place was awesome. Beer and drinks were a bit expensive but it was an incredible place. awesome beach with clear water incide a awesome lagoon, lots of snorkeling and water activities. And you can also swim with or just get close to take pictures with Dolphins, sea lions and a sea turtle. The dolphins are awesome and put on a show as soon as people show up on the decks to see them. Lunch was good cheeseburger, fries and punch. The ride back they give you a harbor tour and point out several celebs homes, (tiger woods, Opera, etc) We got back in time to walk around Nassau and look in the stores before getting on the ship. Friday we were in Freeport. We did the deadmans reef/ paradise cove. (Non-carnival excursion) We got off the ship and went to the hut that said paradise cove and we were 2 of 5 people going. There van picked up promptly at 9am and my wife was wondering what the hell I booked because no one was going with us. The driver was great gave us an education of the island. The drive there is about 20 minutes and it is thru the very poor and dirty part of the island, which even made my wife more curious what I got us into. When we got the paradise cove she said WOW this place is awesome. $35.00 got us transportation to and from the cove, a free rum punch drink, which was awesome, and a beach lounge chair. Corona was 3 bucks along with several other beers, pepsi fr a buck. They had food and drinks for a great price Snorkeling gear, kayaks, wet suits were available for a very reasonable fee. We spent a great day on the beach where we found many shells and sand dollars. Barry and his family and staff were very nice The driver was very prompt in coming onto the beach to get us at noon to have us back by 1230. We arrived back at 1230 and were able to walk around the straw market before getting on the ship.

If I were to go back to Freeport and Nassau I would not hesitate to go to deadmans reef/paradise cover (Freeport) and Blue Lagoon (Nassau ) again . YOU SHOULD NOT MISS EITHER OF THESE 2 PLACES, YOU WILL BE SORRY. Oh and both places are very kid friendly and kids would have a great time along with adults.Thanks to scub girl for the ideas.

Thanks for the great review. Can you tell me how much Paradise Cove was? Thank you! Also when you were at Blue Lagoon did you do the Dolphin Encounter or just the beach day? Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info about Blue Lagoon! I had originally planned to do the dolphin encounter in Freeport and do Stingray snorkle- Blackbeard's Cay for our Nassau day. I just recently found out that the day we will be in Nassau (8/26) some private party rented Blackbeard's Cay for the whole day- so not open to public! :mad: I was really stressing because i wanted something fun to do for our Nassau day since it is a long port day. Your mini review helped me decide to change my plans...

Instead we will do the Dolphin Encounter for our Nassau day (will be nice to have the beach to hang out at after the Dolphins...and we can wander around Atlantis also! :D)...then for Freeport we are going to have a leisurly day just going on the glassbottom boat.

Thank you so much for your mini- review!!! I'm glad to hear you had a great time!

Just sent an email to inquire more about Paradise Cove. I think this is where we are going to go in Freeport. Anyone have anything else to add about this place? I would love to see some pictures.

I think there was a recent review for this place...I believe Mark spent his Nassau day here. Search Pride reviews and the review was by Mark (not Falco...).

Sorry if I am not correct...it was a month or 2 ago, but I think I remember seeing some awesome pictures!!

leaving this afternoon to get on the Triumph tomorrow. WE are going to Paradise Cove in Freeport. It is 41.00 including lunch and transportation. All snorkel, chairs, etc is covered also. We are doing Blue Lagoon Beach Day in Nassau. Will let you all know how it goes.

Blue Lagoon sounds like so much fun and it sounds like my family would really enjoy it! I had some questions! (probably stupid haha)

First, when you get off the ship where do you go to get transported to the island?

Also, if you sign up to use some of the equipment.. such as a kayak etc..... do they know with your reservation and you go up to someone and say you want to use it when you decide to? Or do they tell you when to use it? If you wanted to add on the dolphin package as well how does that work? At what time would you do what? Also, what is included with just the beach?

I've never done an excursion so any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Blue Lagoon told me that the beach is open to Carnival guests only through their excursion. So yes you can book the excursion for Thursday through Carnival, but no you can't book the beach day through Blue Lagoon. You can however book dolphin or sea lion encounters through Blue Lagoon because they are open on Thursdays.

Can you use the beach on a Thurs day if you book a Dolphin Encounter through Blue Lagoon AND Carnival is there? What time is the last ferry out of Blue Lagoon?

That's a good question and I am honestly not sure.

The site says that you are able to use the beach after animal encounters, however you can't on the days that the beach is closed. So I would guess that you won't be able to use the beach, even if Carnival guests are there. Plus Carnival is working through a third party travel company who has set up the beach day access for Carnival only... so I am going to guess no.

I'm sailing NCL, and they offer the beach excursion there on Thursdays as well. I think the beach area is only open to those on ships through their excursion, but anyone can book an animal encounter. If we decide to do an encounter, we will book it directly with BL, because it's much cheaper.

Does anyone know cancellation policies for excursions? I don't think a beach day would be much fun in the rain.

I'm sailing NCL, and they offer the beach excursion there on Thursdays as well. I think the beach area is only open to those on ships through their excursion, but anyone can book an animal encounter. If we decide to do an encounter, we will book it directly with BL, because it's much cheaper.

Does anyone know cancellation policies for excursions? I don't think a beach day would be much fun in the rain.

Do you plan on doing an animal encounter followed by time on the beach? If so are you going to have to pay for the beach excursion throguh NCL as well as the animal encounter through BL? I would assume the excursion provider is running it the same for both NCL and Carnival, but just curious. Thanks :)

Archived