Ruby B754

W5KAP

We are sailing on the Ruby on the 7th od November (toooo far away!) and have been lucky enough to book one of the Baja aft cabins, B754. One of our closest freinds have B757. Anyone ever have these rooms and how did you enjoy them

Cheers, Kenn

We are sailing on the Ruby on the 7th od November (toooo far away!) and have been lucky enough to book one of the Baja aft cabins, B754. One of our closest freinds have B757. Anyone ever have these rooms and how did you enjoy them

Cheers, Kenn

There is great info here.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=ultimate+aft+thread

Thanks, I knew I could count on you. I haven't been too active here since we got back from Alaska in July. Headed to Australia by air in 3 weeks for 12 days in OZ. Just booked the November cruise this week. We know the aft balconies are nice but have never actually been in one. After the Mini-suites on the Island, I am hoping they are almost as nice

Cheers, Kenn

Thanks, I knew I could count on you. I haven't been too active here since we got back from Alaska in July. Headed to Australia by air in 3 weeks for 12 days in OZ. Just booked the November cruise this week. We know the aft balconies are nice but have never actually been in one. After the Mini-suites on the Island, I am hoping they are almost as nice

Cheers, Kenn

There is one other long aft thread too that I saw when I retrieved that one. Not sure if its relevant or not.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=669323&highlight=ultimate+aft+thread

There is one other long aft thread too that I saw when I retrieved that one. Not sure if its relevant or not.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=669323&highlight=ultimate+aft+thread

Nice long thread but the replies are before the Ruby was put into comission so I don't know if they changed anything on her vice her sisters or not. You know what, I am gonna have fun no matter heheheh

Thanks for you help. PS have a son who is a Missile Officer there in the COS. Spent many an hour on Pete field with Space Command 20 some years ago

Cheers, Kenn

Nice long thread but the replies are before the Ruby was put into comission so I don't know if they changed anything on her vice her sisters or not. You know what, I am gonna have fun no matter heheheh

Thanks for you help. PS have a son who is a Missile Officer there in the COS. Spent many an hour on Pete field with Space Command 20 some years ago

Cheers, Kenn

Don't think you will be disappointed!!

I was just in the Springs on Monday.

• 1 month later...

Cheers, Kenn

I am in your cabin beginning March 19th. I'll take some pictures and let you know what it is like!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers, Kenn

We just got off the Ruby yesterday, and were in B754. B754 is one cabin away from a vent that exists on most decks of the aft on the Ruby. Don't know if you have read anything about the "smelly vent" that is next to some of the aft cabins, but trust me, the problem is very real. According to the ships maintenance department, it vents air out of the galley area, and it smells like old grease and garbage all the time.

I read about it before we left, but decided to give it a shot since some poeople said they didn't really notice a smell. We really like aft cabins, and thought it would be worth the risk. I was really disappointed, it made the balcony practically unusable. The smell bothered me a lot -- it was very unpleasant to be out there, even when we were sailing. We spent a lot of extra money for an aft balcony that we didn't want to be out on. We complained, but the ship was sailing full and they could not move us. I am going to write to Princess and see if they will at least give us some onboard credit for a future cruise. Wish I would have listened to the others and booked a different cabin.

CHANGE YOUR CABIN if you want to enjoy your balcony experience.

We just got off the Ruby yesterday, and were in B754. B754 is one cabin away from a vent that exists on most decks of the aft on the Ruby. Don't know if you have read anything about the "smelly vent" that is next to some of the aft cabins, but trust me, the problem is very real. According to the ships maintenance department, it vents air out of the galley area, and it smells like old grease and garbage all the time.

I read about it before we left, but decided to give it a shot since some poeople said they didn't really notice a smell. We really like aft cabins, and thought it would be worth the risk. I was really disappointed, it made the balcony practically unusable. The smell bothered me a lot -- it was very unpleasant to be out there, even when we were sailing. We spent a lot of extra money for an aft balcony that we didn't want to be out on. We complained, but the ship was sailing full and they could not move us. I am going to write to Princess and see if they will at least give us some onboard credit for a future cruise. Wish I would have listened to the others and booked a different cabin.

CHANGE YOUR CABIN if you want to enjoy your balcony experience.

Wow, thanks for the info. I will surely look into this as soon as I can. It may be a bit late now to change the cabin but I will check it out. I hope you enjoyed the cruise oher than that!!

Cheers, Kenn

Archived