Cruising this weekend? Good luck getting to port!

As if the blizzard that has all but shut down the Mid-Atlantic region wasn't enough, they are now calling for snow in parts of the Southeast tomorrow, and it is wreaking havoc with airline flights. I was headed to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow (not for a cruise, thankfully) and Delta is now pre-emptively cancelling flights like crazy. Earliest I can arrive is now about 5pm on Saturday. Don't know about the other airlines, but Delta has issued information on flight changes for anyone traveling to or through SC, GA, FL, AL, MS and LA through the weekend. So if you're headed to FL for a cruise this weekend....GOOD LUCK! I hope you make it to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale or wherever you're departing from!

We are headed to Miami on Sunday from Minneapolis to board the Majesty on Monday. So far, I have not heard of any cancellations, but fortunately it is a direct flight from Minneapolis to Miami. I'm going to continue to keep my fingers crossed that nothing gets messed up with our plans.

We are headed to Miami on Sunday from Minneapolis to board the Majesty on Monday. So far, I have not heard of any cancellations, but fortunately it is a direct flight from Minneapolis to Miami. I'm going to continue to keep my fingers crossed that nothing gets messed up with our plans.

Yeah, you're lucky, with Minneapolis being a hub city. Normally that's an area that would be concerned with snow, not Atlanta!

Delta cancelled my flight from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale in the AM. There is nothing to protect me on...to Miami, West Palm, FLL, Fort Myers. Looks like I'll be driving in the morning. Thank goodness I can do that.

I sure hope folks got insurance this time..

*sigh*

Archived