Santorini Volcano Hike & Kids

EstelleB

Hi. Ocean Village offer an excursion where you hike up the volcano then get to swim where the hot springs are. It says it is suitable for any age but I'm worried that my 5 year old may struggle? Has anyone done this excursion with kids?

No, not with kids, but OH has been up 2 or 3 times- I've only managed 1/2 way, because it's very hot and shadeless.....these days I sit in the shelter at the bottom, or stay on the boat. I couldn't begin to think about taking children up younger than 8/9, but I'm a bit of an over-anxious infant teacher, and would find it nerve wracking in that heat. You know your child best, tho', and can say whether they'd be happy walking all that way uphill. Don't forget hats, water and an umbrella for a bit of shade.

As for the swimming- if it's the normal cruise trip, or one of the boats you hire from the island, you'll find that the only way into the water is down a ladder or else to jump from the boat. If your child is confident- why not? Remember they'll have to climb back up the ladder. It could be very exciting, or a bit scarey.....again, you know your child best. Certainly, they'll remember what a volcano is after the two stops round it.

jocap.

PICT0694.jpg.dc8b5a7874901aff1b7f513c462e2f67.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived