Internet Connectivity

bonni99

Here is what is currently on the AZ website:

Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest are both fully wireless, including staterooms.

Internet access is available in eConnections at the following rates:

Package Name Price per Package Number of Minutes

Occasional $29.95 49 Minutes

Standard $49.95 90 Minutes

Social $79.95 150 Minutes

Power $99.95 237 Minutes

Note:

$0.65 cents a minute with no package

For some reason, I can't get the format correct, but here is a link to it: LINK

I have another question...

Is the whole ship WIFI or what areas have wifi?

We will be on the Journey...

Thanks

K.

The whole ship, although the speed is slow. There is also a computer room where you can use their laptops (when they don't conduct a class).

Can anyone tell me what the Internet package costs are on the Azamara Journey?

Unfortunately, I did not save the price list we got on our January 2010 cruise on the Journey. However, the packages were different from those listed on the website, although the prices were similar. They also offer discount deals ("Today Only!") and coupons for extra minutes for loyalty club members. Note that you can't sign up on your own computer in your stateroom; you need to purchase the package on one of the laptops in the computer room.

Thanks for the responses!

We are bringing our Dell Mini ...

We plan on writing emails off line and then logging on just to send them!!!

We will use the computer room for any printing that

is necessary.

I'm so use my free minutes on Princess,

We have to be very vigilante about not "playing" on the computer when we are onboard AZ.

Otherwise, I'm sure it will be sticker shock!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just got a new iPad which I plan to bring, so I'll REALLY have to be careful! I'm surprised you can't log on from your own device though. It must be pretty crowded at the internet room the first day or so.

I never had to wait to get online. People come and go. There are some times when the room is closed because of a class (one hr) . Even on the last day, the computers were available. Last day price were 45 minutes for $20...great for catching up and printing boarding passes. Connecting to the internet is slow...and you must be on in order to do anything on the computer. Minutes mount up...buy a package.

I never had to wait to get online. People come and go. There are some times when the room is closed because of a class (one hr) . Even on the last day, the computers were available. Last day price were 45 minutes for $20...great for catching up and printing boarding passes. Connecting to the internet is slow...and you must be on in order to do anything on the computer. Minutes mount up...buy a package.

Question: How slow are the computers /or how many minutes does it take to connect, access and print boarding passes? Wondering if the daily minutes offered via Captain Club Select would give me enough time or would I have to purchase minutes the last day to perform this 1 task.

Thanks for your guesstimation!

Since you cannot compose and then connect, it usually took me about 4-5 minutes to read my email and reply. That can get expensive at the rack rate of $0.65/min. The packages bring the cost down. As elite (discover in Le Club), my spouse and I each got 237 minutes. So for us, time wasn't a problem. We used the internet exclusively to send/receive email from family (set up a separate gmail account for this cruise ), check weather and news, and do airline check in and print boarding passes. We did not blog or play games. As select, you will get minutes..not sure how many.

Since you cannot compose and then connect, it usually took me about 4-5 minutes to read my email and reply. That can get expensive at the rack rate of $0.65/min. The packages bring the cost down. As elite (discover in Le Club), my spouse and I each got 237 minutes. So for us, time wasn't a problem. We used the internet exclusively to send/receive email from family (set up a separate gmail account for this cruise ), check weather and news, and do airline check in and print boarding passes. We did not blog or play games. As select, you will get minutes..not sure how many.

Thanks for the info. I've checked and see that I'm select on CC and now Explorer on AZ and entitled to 20 mins. per day, does that mean a total of 280 for the 14 day cruise, and can you only use 20 mins. per day or all 280 mins. until the free internet amount is used? Also, I'm wondering since both my husband and I are both elite members (Explorer on AZ) do we get 2 bottles of champagne, 2 free bags of laundry service, etc.? Don't want to sound greedy, just curious!

My husband and I were on the 4/1/10 cruise. We are both Elite with Captain's Club and now Discoverer with Le Club. We each received coupons for the internet but only 1 bottle of champagne and only 1 laundry coupon. The way the internet package worked on our cruise was that you actually had to "purchase" the package and then submit the coupon. It took a couple of days for the credit/refund to appear on our statement but it was ultimately there and we had no problems. We did end up using the laundry coupon but not sure it was really needed...especially since the self-service laundry is free AND provides soap.

Hope that helps. Have a great cruise!

Soccer Mom

My husband and I were on the 4/1/10 cruise. We are both Elite with Captain's Club and now Discoverer with Le Club. We each received coupons for the internet but only 1 bottle of champagne and only 1 laundry coupon. The way the internet package worked on our cruise was that you actually had to "purchase" the package and then submit the coupon. It took a couple of days for the credit/refund to appear on our statement but it was ultimately there and we had no problems. We did end up using the laundry coupon but not sure it was really needed...especially since the self-service laundry is free AND provides soap.

Hope that helps. Have a great cruise!

Soccer Mom

Your message did help! Thanks - can't wait to cruise!

Archived