Cabin recommendation on Summit Pls.

We2Cruzers

We are considering booking a cruise to Bermuda aboard the Summit. Never having sailed on Celebrity - I'd appreciate a recommendation on a balcony cabin. Our preference is to be in a quiet cabin that is not too high up - but if you've sailed on the Summit and have a favorite we'd appreciate advice.

Also - are the Celebrity beds comfortable? We've sailed with QM2 and Holland previously and always had great beds - just wondering how Celebrity might measure up.

Thanks!

Looks lke a good cruise. We love the M-Class ships and usually stay in Concierge because of the bit larger balcony and SR. Here is a list of info I've found from other sites on M-Class balconies:

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

S1 - 6131,6132,6145,6146

C1 – 9201,9164,9162,9160

C2 - 9043,9038,

C1 - 8185,8176,8172,8170

C2 – 8045,8046,

C1 - 7203,7212,7208,7206

C1 - 6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2A-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2B - 6053,6048

2C - 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,

Enjoy. Great ship. We usually go with mid-ship mid-decks (cabins above and below), but on the M-Class, we go for forward cabins because we love the T-Spa (Aqua spa pool) that is forward and we zip up there every morning and enjoy it. Very warm almost like a huge hottub. With jets you can stand under and get shoulders work. And on the sides are steel rods that form 'lounges' you lay on and bubbles come up through them. Fantasttic.

We have 9043 on the Millennium. Your choice. Lots of great SRs.

Denny

Thanks for the info on cabins that's helpful - would you be able to comment on ship movement...someone posted in a review somewhere that there is a lot of movement on this particular ship.

Also - any feedback on bed comfort?

LK

Loved the beds. They have special comforters in Conceirge, and the beds are very comfortable. We sleep like babies. As for movement, haven't seen any comments on these ship having more movement. Doesn't seem that's true. You do get more movement on higher decks and well forward/aft - physics. But the ship has stabilizers just as many do.

But....it is at sea. It's a ship and higher sea states, all ships move, roll, pitch and so on. Mid ships, lower deck is the spot some try for, but in truth, these ships are quite stable. Take the precautions. My wife is prone so she carries those wristbands and they work quite well with her. We go foward as I'd mentioned before and had no problems.

But as soon as I say something such as that and you get a forward/aft cabin and feel movement and 'react'......

Denny

We are considering booking a cruise to Bermuda aboard the Summit. Never having sailed on Celebrity - I'd appreciate a recommendation on a balcony cabin. Our preference is to be in a quiet cabin that is not too high up - but if you've sailed on the Summit and have a favorite we'd appreciate advice.

Also - are the Celebrity beds comfortable? We've sailed with QM2 and Holland previously and always had great beds - just wondering how Celebrity might measure up.

Thanks!

DH and I have sailed on each of the M class ships and only on an itinerary where we can book one of the CC aft balcony cabins. These are the 4 cabins across the back on each Sky, Panorama and Vista decks on Summit. The balcony is HUGE as compared to other CC and regular balcony cabins. Space for 2 loungers, 2 chairs, 2 tables and more. Partially shaded and private. We are lulled by the soothing sounds of the ocean while underway and have the advantage of port AND starboard views. I would recommend Panorama and Vista over Sky deck. Sky aft is right below the outdoor seating for Waterfall Grill/Cafe and you will hear the scraping of chairs above your head most of the day starting VERY early A.M. However, Panorama and Vista CC aft cabins are extremely quiet as you have cabins above and below you and they are located on a very short side-side corridor instead of the very long, occasionally noise carrying, forward-aft corridors. These cabins with their over-sized balconies have helped to make our Celebrity experience absolutely awesome. Hope this helps.

and BTW, you are also quite close to stairs/elevators and we have never found motion to be an issue at this location on the ship.

Archived