Is it True ?

Interrogation Room

yes, crusing is very addicting, and i see that your 1st cruise will be on the Victory. My DH and I cruised on the Victory for our honeymoon in 2003 and we just loved the ship. The ship is in tip top shape and extremely clean. We are considering another cruise for next year and I told him the Victory out of San Juan would be perfect! The Victory will set your standards high for every cruise thereafter. Enjoy the ship and your cruise! PS-when you get home, you will be in cruise withdrawl and will soon book your next cruise!!!! ;)

I took one cruise several years ago with a "SO" at the time... DH and I took our first together this past Feb... as soon as we got home, booked "Mom & Daughter" cruise in Sept... and just recently booked my Legend cruise for Halloween.

Yes........ ADDICTING!!!!! But, enjoy... you will be addicted as well in no time! :)

Some friends of mines on facebook told me that cruising can be "addicted".

Once you go on a cruise, you will want to cruise over and over again.

Is this true? My family and I have never cruises before so this will be our first time.

yep.

Is this true? My family and I have never cruises before so this will be our first time.

You'll be planning your next cruise as you disembark from your scheduled cruise. Enjoy!

took me 40 years to get DH on a cruise...and that was kicking and screaming the whole way...now HE books cruises and gets antsy when he hasn't got one booked at least 3 times a year....now i have to drag him OFF the ship

I agree - it is an addiction.

We went on our very first cruise July 2009. We went on the Carnival Holiday. The oldest ship in their fleet which has now gone to be refurbished. Even though it was the oldest ship we had a ball and thought we got great value for our money. We had priced a condo on the beach for a week and the price for the cruise including our food was not that much more so we may never visit the gulf coast again. The added bonus is that the carribean is BEAUTIFUL!!!

So the addiction continues.... We are leaving for a Disney cruise April 22 and another Carnival cruise in October 2010. I have visions of a Mediteranian cruise and my mom is pushing for Alaska.

If you dont want to be bitten by the cruise bug.... jump overboard now- LOL!

Very much so.....

I can't believe I waited so long between my first and second cruise, as others have said, schedules and finances.

Well, I got my significant other to go on her first cruise and first real vacation in probably 20 years. I was worried about her liking it (thats a joke looking back now) and only booked a 5 day out of NOLA. Thanks to the pig thingy it turned into a 7 day. We weren't back very long before we started planning our current upcoming cruise on the Dream. She sits on our porch and pretends she is on the balcony with a DOD and is looking out at the ocean.

Now we have talked some friends on going to Alaska with us in 2011.

Half of the fun is the planning and researching and looking at all of the neat pics generous people have posted on here.

I will keep talking people into going on their first cruise. Guess that makes me a Cruise P.I.M.P. Even got the hat in NOLA.

Tom

28 cruises (4 last year- 3CCL and 1 DCL) (2 already booked for this year- 1CCL and 1 RCCL)

Where else can you sail away from the world's problems?

Where else can you be rocked to sleep at night?

Where else can you get your bed made twice a day?

Where else can you eat 24/7? Have your coffee delivered at 4 AM?

Where else can you visit several countries w/o packing or unpacking?

Sometimes we don't even get off the ship; we just do a b-2-b.

Are we addicted? :)

I agree - it is an addiction.

We went on our very first cruise July 2009. We went on the Carnival Holiday. The oldest ship in their fleet which has now gone to be refurbished. Even though it was the oldest ship we had a ball and thought we got great value for our money. We had priced a condo on the beach for a week and the price for the cruise including our food was not that much more so we may never visit the gulf coast again. The added bonus is that the carribean is BEAUTIFUL!!!

So the addiction continues.... We are leaving for a Disney cruise April 22 and another Carnival cruise in October 2010. I have visions of a Mediteranian cruise and my mom is pushing for Alaska.

If you dont want to be bitten by the cruise bug.... jump overboard now- LOL!

Jump overboard :eek:

I went kicking and screaming on my first cruise - didn't think I'd have fun. Oh my was I wrong! You can do as much or as little as you want while all the time people are at your beckon call to make sure you enjoy your stay on the ship. Can't wait for our next one. I could retire on a cruise ship. LOL Enjoy your cruise!:D

My daughter & SIL gave us the addiction as a Christmas gift. Then we had a family reunion cruise and now have about 28 family members addicted, along with several coworkers. We're always looking for new recruits to get addicted:D

We have done 15 in 4 years......addictive? Ahhh, yes!! :o When on a cruise you forget all your troubles and it' a different world. Did 5 last year. lol That was almost to many, wait I dunno if that's possible!! Well, did 4 in 3 1/2 months, that was a little close together. :rolleyes: :D Try a b2b, they are way nice!

Become addicted, you'll like it!

Kat

ummmmmm

YES!!!!!

We did our first cruise in 2005 - my husband really did not want to go 'cause he really doesn't like the water - but now - we are embarking on our 4th cruise in just 24 days - and he handed me the credit card and said book our next one! lol

There's just nothing like it!!! No worries, no "have to's" - no decisions on where to go eat - you meet people with the same interests - it is just FUN, FUN, FUN!!! :D

Both my daughter and husband weren't excited to go on a cruise until after they had been on one. I told my daughter that there is something about standing outside of that big ship and going up the gang plank.She loves cruising now. (She's a teenager) I love pulling into ports in the mornings and seeing the lovely islands waiting to be explored. There will be little things you'll get used to having. For me, it's coffee and croissants delivered in the morning.. Playing cards and games with my family in the small card room by the dining room. (Hoping there's one on the Glory).. and then sinking into those ever so comfy beds at night and being rocked to sleep by the motion of the ship.

It is so good to hear all the people talking about how they or their DH didn't want to go, but now LOVE it,

My DH, said he didn't want to go, unless it was Alaska,

Blaw, Blaw, Blaw, something about being in the Navy 20 years :rolleyes:

So I booked it.

But now, before we ever even go to Alaska, I have him booked for one in Jan too.

Sure hope this is his thing too, once we do the Alaska Cruise.

Or I may be looking for a new roomy :o

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in high school, my parents decided to take the family on a cruise. It was supposed to be a one time thing. Well, everyone enjoyed it so much we have since gone on a cruise ever year since. We've cruised to Alaska, Europe, all over the Caribbean. Our next cruise, 8 day Freedom leaving 7/31/10 (my 30th birthday). So, at least for my family, yes cruising can be addictive.

Archived