Future Cruise

retiredbrit

we have yet to complete our first Silversea cruise. We are booked on Prince Albert ll voyage 7012 departing Longyearbyen on 29th June 2010.

I would like to book the Silver Wind voyage 2135, Mahe to Mautitius departing 21 Dec 2011.

After the first voyage we will I believe be eligable for a Venitian Society discount.

I imagine that if we book the Silver Wind while on board Prince Albert we could receive additional discount.

I dont know if there is anyway round this other than waiting till June to book and hope there are still suites available.

any thoughts?

regards Alan

Don't worry,you are a long way off for Dec 2011 Discounts will possibly vary depending on the interest

We always book a long way ahead so we can fit our cruises in with other holidays.

Do you mean that the "on board booking discount" percentage and the Venetian Society discount percentage may change?

regards Alan

Retiredbrit, you can book your Dec 2011 voyage now, but check with TA or Silversea to see if it is eligible for onboard discount. If so, visit the cruise consultant onboard when you are on your June 2010 cruise. They will add the on board booking discount to your 2011 voyage, even though you booked it earlier. We and others have done this.

We always book a long way ahead so we can fit our cruises in with other holidays.

Do you mean that the "on board booking discount" percentage and the Venetian Society discount percentage may change?

regards Alan

As wellseasoned say's you can book now and apply the onboard booking discount, but keep an eye on the prices,as the discounts can change subject to the ammount of interest in the voyage.A good travel agent will give you the lower price and Silversea will honour it.

We had booked a cruise for July 2010 prior to one we were on this past December. Our travel agent told us to "reconfirm" the cruise with the cruise consultant while onboard and we would receive the onboard booking discount. The revised invoice was waiting for us when we returned home. Also, the fare for the July cruise has changed a couple of times since we originally booked. Silversea did honor the reductions in fare each time.

Today's NYT Travel section is on cruising. It looks like the days of 60% off or 2-1 are near an end. I would not wait too long if you have an itinerary you're particularly interested in. According to the article many cruises are filling up. In addition the lead time people are using to book is getting longer not shorter.

Today's NYT Travel section is on cruising. It looks like the days of 60% off or 2-1 are near an end. I would not wait too long if you have an itinerary you're particularly interested in. According to the article many cruises are filling up. In addition the lead time people are using to book is getting longer not shorter.

YES, saw the various articles in the NY Times this am. They had an interview with the Cruise Critic editor-in-chief who made made many interesting points. For our Silversea July 1-16 cruise this summer along the Norway Coast, we booked at 60% off of the inflated retail "sticker" price. It is at 50% off now, but this cruise on the smaller Silver Cloud is booked up now and on a wait list. It is a "supply and demand" situation as in some parts of the world, such as along the Norway Coast, they have a narrower window for cruising opportunity times there. The offerings are less there than say in the Baltics or especially compared to the Med. These Norway fjords and Arctic Circle cruises tend to book up much earlier.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

YES, saw the various articles in the NY Times this am. They had an interview with the Cruise Critic editor-in-chief who made made many interesting points. For our Silversea July 1-16 cruise this summer along the Norway Coast, we booked at 60% off of the inflated retail "sticker" price. It is at 50% off now, but this cruise on the smaller Silver Cloud is booked up now and on a wait list.

We will be on the same cruise in July - booked March 2009.I believe it was filled by October or November. From March until sometime in the summer, we had 2 further reductions in cruise fare from our travel agent. Glad we booked early. As previously stated, if there is an itinerary you know you want, go ahead and book.

We will be on the same cruise in July - booked March 2009.I believe it was filled by October or November. From March until sometime in the summer, we had 2 further reductions in cruise fare from our travel agent. Glad we booked early. As previously stated, if there is an itinerary you know you want, go ahead and book.

THANKS, Poolcat! Glad to know you will be on this July 1-16 Silver Cloud cruise. So far, I have connected with about six others who will be on this cruise. Let me know if there is a way to hook-up via e-mail and/or off-line. Below is one example with some of the details I have pulled together from all of the various tour books and Internet resources for each of these port stops. Where are you from? Let us know what's helpful to you. This will be our first time on Silversea after doing our first two cruises on Seabourn in June 2006 for the Greek Isles and Turkish Coast and then on Crystal in late July 2008 for the Baltics and Russia.

Trondheim Port Stop Details/Options: July 5, Monday, 7 am-7 pm Docked, 12 hours in port

Norway's third largest municipality, Trondheim has a population of 152,800 with major university-science-medical research facilities. It is considered Norway’s historical, culturnal and religious capital. Its history goes back 997 and King Olav Tryggvason, who later was made a Saint. Its Nidaros Cathedral was built from 1070 and is the most important Gothic monument in Norway. The Norway King is still crowned here. In a town noted for timbered architecture, this is Scandinavia’s largest medieval building with a 321-foot-high tower. It was Northern Europe's most important Christian pilgrimage site during the middle Ages and has organ recitals in the summer. The town was Norway’s capital until 1217. The center of town is the Torvet or market square with the Fish Market (Fisketorvet) located to the north. The small specialty stores and shops are concentrated around the downtown pedestrian street Nordre gate. Its Fjellheisen cable car from behind the Cathedral goes to Storsteinen Big Rock at 1,386 feet above sea level overlooking the city. Bakklandet district is accessible by the “Old Town Bridge”, an early 20th century iron bridge that connects with antique wooden house use by canning wokers in the early 1900’s. Here is its best restraurant, Bryggen in a 250-year-old building and nearby is the most famous pub, Den Gode Nable (“The Good Neighbor”). Stiftsgården is the royal residence in Trondheim, originally constructed in 1774 with 144 rooms constituting 43,000 sq. ft. It is the largest wooden building in Northern Europe, has buttercup-yellow coloring, a Rococo style with Baroque details, is open 10 am-5 pm and has been used by royals and their guests since 1800. Sverresborg Trøndelag Folk Museum is a popular visiting place. . The ship offers a tour along Trondheimsfjord, Norway’s third longest fjord, boarding a narrow-gauge Thamshavn railway originally built to transport ore from the mine to the harbor, and re-opened as a museum inside parts of the 300-year-old mine. These 1908 carriages ride on track with sharp curves and steep climbs. Trondheim is 425 miles north of Bergen. Sunrise: 3:15 am, Sunset: 11:24 pm. For July 5, its average high is 64 and a low of 50. Latitude: 63.5° N. Famed actress Liv Ullmann grew up here.

Reactions and added background or questions? Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Reactions and added background or questions? Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thanks for alll of the information! We are really anticipating this cruise. I believe it has been described as "a spiritual journey" on one of the other threads. Looking forward to meeting on board in July.

Thanks for alll of the information! We are really anticipating this cruise. I believe it has been described as "a spiritual journey" on one of the other threads. Looking forward to meeting on board in July.

Hi, Poolcat! I had sent some info on Trondheim from the various items I had pulled together from the key tour books and Internet resources for each of these port stops on this July 1-16 cruise. Let me know if you want me to send that to you directly. I can post my e-mail or whatever is helpful to you.

Archived