Dear Royal Caribbean

Mr Pete, it would be nice to know what he found more enjoyable sailing Princess that chose him to switch. Both cruise lines have pros and cons. We always thought the Pool Games were better on Princess, yet for overall cruise enjoyment we prefer RCL. If I find for us the right itnerary & price we will sail with Princess without hesitation. DH leaves the booking to me & couldn't recall if asked which ship and line we were on. :D

I don't know the reason that this person is changing or the reason he needed to post it, but, there must be something that annoys him on RCI.

As for me, after 37 posts, more than half of them on RCI. We recently tried Princess and liked it a lot. WE thought that as an overall comparison, Princess edged out RCI. The reason that we will continue to cruise predominantly on RCI is our Diamond Plus status. However, if they continue to cut back further on the perks, it will sway us away to other cruise lines. That is OUR opine.

Mustard Drill: this is one area where RCCL needs to ketch-up.

I RELISH bad puns...:) Also the Room Stewart is not related to Rod...oh thats Steward, right........also it's not dinning; it's DINING..and finally it's not a boat, it's a SHIP!!

Whew; I feel better now.

I have some friends that highly recommend Princess after sailing Carnival for many years they are sold on their sister cruiseline.

Mitch

Both cruise lines offer a great (but somewhat different) product. People should try different lines. Some people seize on one or two things that are really important to them.

My wife and I sailed on Caribbean Princess and like it a lot. We will probably try Princess again in the next few years but probably one of the smaller Grand class ships that hold 500 fewer passengers than the new ones. (Starting with Caribbean Princess, all new ships have an extra passenger deck with 500 extra people....same pools, same size theater, etc.) I would like to try their ships with fewer passengers aboard.

IMO, service is much friendlier and casual on RC, but the pizza on Princess is WAY better. See I told you people seize on one or two things!:D

The OP does not tell me much without knowing:

• The age of the people.
  • Have kids & if so, their ages.
  • Do they drink, gamble or smoke a lot.
  • What do they like to do on a cruise.
  • The list can go on and on...

This is why I do not read movie reviews.

I have traveled on Royal, Carnival, Norwegian, and Princess. Princess was by far the best cruise I have been on. Many things factor into a good cruise - the staff, the passengers, the weather, etc. Princess was probably the most expensive of them all but I felt the staff were really upbeat and helped you to make the most of your cruise. We had a great group of people with us.

My favorite, of course, is Royal!! I have traveled with Royal numerous times and will continue to do so!!

We have reached diamond on RCCL but have only sailed three times on Princess (Grand, Caribbean, Coral). I like the Diamond perks and continue with RCCL because of them. I have 4 future cruises booked; two with RCCL and (after finding out that Celebrity does NOT allow smoking on cabin balconies) two with Celebrity. I could have canceled my RCCL cruises after finding out about smoking but I like the Freedom and Voyager ships that I've booked. I am waiting until Princess posts it's 2011 summer itineraries to book B2B 12-day cruises with them because of the itineraries. If either Celebrity or RCCL offered these I would be booking with them. For me, there isn't much difference between RCCL and Princess; however, with Celebrity offering smoke-free balconies and accepting my diamond status Celebrity will become my favorite, unless I sail with Princess or RCCL............how's that for decisive reasoning:rolleyes: As some others have said, I too don't understand why some people have developed such tunnel vision for one line to the point that they flame someone who likes something other than they. Especially when someone adds "then go to the other line", or "good riddance", or "good bye", or some other unkind phrase.

Just got back from the Grand Princess and it was the best cruise my wife and I have ever been on. After spending 10 years with your company we're switching.

Thanks for one of the most insightful and informative posts of the day. I garnered a wealth of information the will help me with any future decision to try Princess.

Archived