pls share stories about carribbean princess with new england/canada

twinnurses2

will be leaving in sept with princess carribbean to new england and canada. pls share any good side trips or ship sponsored trips:)

We did a Montreal to NYC on the Regal in Sept 04. Here is a link to the pictures I posted.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561470924GlFliS

We did some cities you will not be doing.... but for those you will be visiting:

Newport - We enjoyed the old mansions. We did a walk-about the harbor area and then a ship's tour to the Elms.

Boston - the freedom trail is always a good intro if you have never been there.

Bar Harbor - definitely recommend touring Acadia National Park. You should also have plenty of time to walk around the local area.

St. John - We took a ship's bus tour around the city then dropped off in town at the local market. Not much to see here.

Halifax - We ejoyed just walking the harbor and then hiking up to the citadel. Everything is close by and easy to reach.

We had 3 couples on the CP 9-26-09. Our 4th cruise on the CP, but first time in NE/Canada. We used the Dial 7 car service in NYC (excellent service). In Newport we purchased the ship's excursion to the Elms. Nice tour, but a little disappointing. The Elms does not have the original furnishings. It was cold and rainy that day and we could not walk on the cliff walk. Had wonderful lobster roll and clam chowder in port.

In Boston we purchased the Ole Town Trolley tours online before we sailed. Excellent tour/commentary. Hop on-hop off as desired. We walked a lot of the freedom trail - clearly marked w/red stripe down the sidewalks. Toured two of the cemetaries in the city, Quincy Market, the State House - excellent port that combines history and the modern world.

In Bar Harbor we hired a taxi tour of Acadia National Park and the city by phone before we cruised. Excellent commentary by a local who loved the area. Delicious blueberry pie and lobster roll at West Street Cafe.

St. John's - the city market was very interesting (oldest market in Canada). Good place to purchase local items. Picked up a local tour on the street and enjoyed seeing more of the city and outskirts area. We went to Reversing Falls but unless you are there at exactly the right time, not much to see.

Halifax - hired a mini-van and driver to take us to Peggy's Cove. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL - wonderful day with a lot of surprises thrown in. Our tour was with Halifax Cab, driver was Les - excellent in every way.

You will enjoy this cruise!

We booked privately with Ollie's Trollies in Bar Harbor. It was AWESOME. They go into the Acadia NAtional Park and the scenery is incredible. They are very professaional and if you get the early trip, you can get back to town in time for Lobster for lunch.

Also, I highly recommed the Cliff Walk in Newport RI. You can google all this and get great info.

will be leaving in sept with princess carribbean to new england and canada. pls share any good side trips or ship sponsored trips:)

Please read my 2 reviews under the member review section,1 was on the Crowm Princess and my latest on The Caribbean Princess. Might take a little while to find it,but the reviews can answer a lot. Happy cruising in September.

You can click on the link in my signature for a full review, including what we did at each port.

I strongly recommend Old Town Trolley in Boston (by the tix on their website ahead of time to save $$) and the official Acadia National Parks tour bus (which we also reserved ahead of time online).

Archived