Questions from first time cruiser

mong1114

I am counting down the days to our family cruise on the Magic March 6! I had a few questions I am hoping someone can answer:

• Is there a safe in the room for valuables? We'll have DSs, jewelry, cameras etc and as a New Yorker, I am paranoid about security!
  • I picked up mats for the characters to sign today, but they seem small. They are 8x10 with an opening for a 5x7 picture. Is this big enough? I didn't see any that seemed more appropriate.
  • Alice In Wonderland opens 3/5. Does this mean it will be playing on the ship while we are there?
  • Dinner attire...on the "regular" nights (no Palo, formal, semi-formal) would capri pants and a "fancy" t-shirt (i.e., Ann Taylor, Loft, etc. with the flower petals, sequins, etc.) be appropriate? Or do people really dress?
  • Formal night...I have an 8 yr old boy and 5 yr old girl. Girls are easy, but what do the boys wear? Suits? Or are khakis and a shirt fine? What do most people typically do? We'd rather be with the majority.

Thank you for your help and I'm sure I'll come up with more questions!

I am counting down the days to our family cruise on the Magic March 6! I had a few questions I am hoping someone can answer:

• Is there a safe in the room for valuables? We'll have DSs, jewelry, cameras etc and as a New Yorker, I am paranoid about security! Yes, there is a safe in the closet.
  • I picked up mats for the characters to sign today, but they seem small. They are 8x10 with an opening for a 5x7 picture. Is this big enough? I didn't see any that seemed more appropriate. Yes, they sell 5x7's as well as 8x10 pics on the ship. You can drop the mattes off at guest services on the first day and they will be returned on the last day of the cruise signed by all the characters.
  • Alice In Wonderland opens 3/5. Does this mean it will be playing on the ship while we are there? Yes!
  • Dinner attire...on the "regular" nights (no Palo, formal, semi-formal) would capri pants and a "fancy" t-shirt (i.e., Ann Taylor, Loft, etc. with the flower petals, sequins, etc.) be appropriate? Or do people really dress? You will find all styles- some will dress up more than others, capris and a nice shirt are fine.
  • Formal night...I have an 8 yr old boy and 5 yr old girl. Girls are easy, but what do the boys wear? Suits? Or are khakis and a shirt fine? What do most people typically do? We'd rather be with the majority. We have seen boys in suits, tuxes, some don't dress up at all. I'd say most were in khaki or dress pants with a button down shirt - many with ties.

Thank you for your help and I'm sure I'll come up with more questions!

Have fun!

Just a heads up, if you dont think that the matt will work, a standard autograph album, that you can buy on the ship works well also.No matter which you go with, make sure that you send a small bag of candy with your mat as a thank you.

Thank you for the info. What do you mean by a small bag of candy as a thank you? What kind of candy? Who does it go to?

I am planning to get the autograph book too, but thought the frame was nice because it is a "guarantee" that they get all the autographs they want and it is a nice keepsake too!

I see the issue.

Theres 2 ways to get autographs on the ship.

1.Go to all of the character photo sessions,and and see if the char will sign it there.Not all of the char.do signings, all of the time.Theres times that they wont for one reason or another.(wont need the candy for this one)Plus if you arrive late, theres a slim chance they may cut the line before you get there, and might miss a chance.We had that happend to us 1 night infront of the Theatre.We missed Pluto and Goofy, but got the Princess that came out next.

2.Go to GS the first day you are on the ship.Ask the person behind the desk to have the article signed.Theyll give you a list of all of the char and you can select which ones to have autographs from. This is where the candy comes in.Basically the candy is a "Thank You" to the "characters"(in case little eyes are watching.) for signing the item.They dont always have the oppurtunity in port to get off and do too much.You wont see the actual signing, since you drop the Matt/book etc off at GS on the first night of the trip and get it back the last night, in your room.

Usualy a small bag of mixed candies, that you can find in all food stores, big box stores,etc will work.

We are also going on the cruise on March 6th, we are from NJ.

Thanks for asking all of your questions, we are just starting to pack and your questions helped us greatly. We will have our triplet grandchldren with us, and wasn't sure about dinner and what they needed to wear.

Have a great cruise.

Archived