Fuel supplement anyone charged?

manderson110

Has anyone been charged with the fuel supplement at all since it been up over they $70.00 mark ?

No...No...No

It has been up and over 70 then to 80

back down at 60 up to 80 down to 70

None of the cruise lines are doing it..we don't know when or if it will ever come about.

Just be happy and think positive thoughts:)

That is a 6 month chart

Captureoil.JPG.b509ba3df4dfc1c1a7d69f06e0728907.JPG

Has anyone been charged with the fuel supplement at all since it been up over they $70.00 mark ?

I asked my PVP what the likelyhood was of CCL invoking the fuel surcharge on our 3/14 cruise on the Victory. He told me not to be concerned. First of all, it would be a nightmare for CCL to add it on to cruises that are already reserved, and especially those that are already fully paid. And the nightmare would go two ways... first on the administrative side within CCL, and second on the public relations front. Imagine how the customers would react if CCL were to tell them, "Yes, I know you've paid for your cruse, but now you owe us another hundred or two.". IF they asses it going forward, it would most likely be on new reservations where they could make the customer aware before they commit. So, for those of you with existing reservations, this is something that shouldn't cast a cloud over the anticipation of your cruise.

I asked my PVP what the likelyhood was of CCL invoking the fuel surcharge on our 3/14 cruise on the Victory. He told me not to be concerned. First of all, it would be a nightmare for CCL to add it on to cruises that are already reserved, and especially those that are already fully paid. And the nightmare would go two ways... first on the administrative side within CCL, and second on the public relations front. Imagine how the customers would react if CCL were to tell them, "Yes, I know you've paid for your cruse, but now you owe us another hundred or two.". IF they asses it going forward, it would most likely be on new reservations where they could make the customer aware before they commit. So, for those of you with existing reservations, this is something that shouldn't cast a cloud over the anticipation of your cruise.

...just noticed I said 'asses' instead of 'assess'. But, I suppose they would look like 'asses' if they assessed the surcharge... :-)

So, maybe it wasn't a typo after all!

Moderator, please remove this thread. Lets not wake a sleeping bear! ;)

I agree!

See what happened when everyone was constantly talking about smuggling...

Now they are looking harder. Not saying they are catching everyone..but you know what I mean.

So...Let's not give them any ideas.;)

I agree that they probably won't implement it anytime soon. I also think that a PVP would have no clue on when/if it were to be brought back.

FYI...they did just that a couple of years ago even if you were paid up. And exactly, "yes, you are paid but owe us more $$".

To the OP, I wouldnt worry about it much...as in the past, there is usually a "buzz" around from the cruise lines, etc giving warning.

I believe the OP works as a financial officer for CCL.

This post is to see what kind of reaction cruise critic members would give.

If that's the case, we say: YOU'D BETTER NOT, CARNIVAL ! Not is THIS economy ! (There, I feel better now....been worried about that over $70 thing for what, about 2 months....and paid in full cruise is coming up next month! ).

I believe the OP works as a financial officer for CCL.

This post is to see what kind of reaction cruise critic members would give.

If that's the case, we say: YOU'D BETTER NOT, CARNIVAL ! Not is THIS economy ! (There, I feel better now....been worried about that over $70 thing for what, about 2 months....and paid in full cruise is coming up next month! ).

I think oil went over $70 way back last June. At least thats when Carnival commented on it that they were not instituting it at that time.

It would not matter if you were paid in full or not, once they add it. It clearly says it will be implemented across the board to everyone. We dont know thats what they would do, but thats what Id assume.

Archived