taking the kids on spirit to bermuda

MafiaMom3

hey all!

going boston to bermuda in 3 mos! the kids will be 4, 3 and 1 any experiences you can share with me would be awesome!!! i know the kids place is good for my older 2 but i want them on vaca with all of us, i dont want it to be like babysitting for lack of a better term....

part of me is really excited and part of me is thinking im completely nuts for deciding it would be good for all of us to go on a cruise. lol

i know the baby wont be allowed to go into the kids club and im fine with that. =)

so hit me with it, the good, the bad and the ugly! =) TIA

We took this cruise last summer with 4 kids 10y, 8y, 3y and 18 m. We loved it and are planning on doing it again this summer. The older 3 went to the Kid's club for various activities. The older 2 wanted to go more, and the 3 yo just went to 1 or 2 activities a day while the baby napped.

In Bermuda we went to the Gibbs Light house and enjoyed the amazing view from the top. Even the 3 yo climbed all the stairs to the top. Just be careful, safety standard are not the same as in the US. There were huge gaps in the railings at the top. It is about a quarter mile walk up a hill from the Bus stop in the hot sun to the entrance, and then lots of stairs to the base of the lighthouse. Then of coarse the climb to the top. There is a nice little giftshop at the base. It is the only place we shopped while in Bermuda.

We also went to Horseshoe beach each day. We brought along own sun shelter b/c we are very fair and burn quite easily, it was also a nice place for the baby to nap. The kids loved the water. We walked down past the last life guard tower and found no one there.

We took the busses everywhere. The only strollers allowed on the busses are ones that fold up like an umbrella stroller. Most of the busses were express to and from the beach. Check out the Bermuda boards for all the info about busses. We did not go to the Snorkle Park in the Dockyards because it was closed on Sunday when we arrived. But we did take a sunset ferry ride round trip to Hamilton an dback. It was a nice view from the water. We never got off in Hamilton, it took about an hour.

For dining we brought all the kids to the main dining room most nights. It was a little chaotic eating a restuiarant each night, but the staff was very patient, and expedited the kids meals for us. We were also only seated near large groups or other families with kids. I'm sure they do that on purpose. We got room service every morning and enjoyed breakfast in our PJs on the balcony. We also enjoyed the Blue Lagoon diner type food. The buffet was perfect for lunch, and snacks while we were at the Pirate Pool. Check out the homemade pretzels, I can still taste them. We must have eaten dozens over the week.

We had 2 adjoining balconies. All the kids stayed in one and DH and I stayed in the other. We brought our own pack-n play, but NCL will provide them, just be sure and bring a sheet for it, NCL does not have pack-n-play size sheets. There are no fridges in the room. We requested one, and it was in our room on arrival. I love the over the door shoe hanger for organizing, sunglasses, sunscreen, hair clips, IDs, small sandles and anything else that will fit in it.

I know I'm rambling, but it is 6am and I have been up all night working. If you have any questions I will try to answer them.

Archived