Open Seating Dining/Suite

GrammieK

When I booked my cruise last week (rather late) I was told that only open dining was available as early and late were closed out. We have experienced this with Oceania and have always liked it. After reading many posts, I am concerned that it may not be the same on HAL. I heard that you can't reserve between 5:30 - 7:30, often there is a long for dinner. The HAL rep I spoke to yesterday told me that when booking a suite the concierge in the Neptune lounge could take care of that for us. Has anyone ever had open dining and used the concierge for assistance. How did it work? Was there still a long wait? The rep said that the concierge pretty much guarantees a time for you when you ask or you can walk right up. TRUE or FALSE? Thanks in advance for any help.

Kathie

I'm surprised you couldn't get the fixed dining. When I booked my suite, the HAL agent told me that passengers in suites are guaranteed whatever time fixed dining they wanted. Yes, the concierge can do that for you, and many other things.

Hi Gk,

we had anytime dining on a TA last year and utilised the services on the concierge on numerous occasions with no problems whatsoever.

Sometimes we have to wait a few minutes but never a problem.

Reyan on the Eurodam was fantastic nothing was ever a problem.

Spoilt but suite life was very sweet!

ciao,

Cristiano.

Hi GrammieK. We had open seating with an SA- never waited at all and were able to select a table at the window with the same wait staff each night. We had no problem getting reservations for the specialty restaurants either. For us, the flexiblity of as you wish dining and the ability to make last minute reservations at the specialty spots were huge perks. Neptune concierge is a wonderful resource and is one of several reasons the suite is worth the extra expense IMHO. Have a great trip.

Hi DestinMom,

Thanks for the info. Less than 70 days to go and I am raring to go.... Also, don't you just love the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge - and those little custard and fruit pastries??(Note to self - bring larger clothes)

Thanks again,

Kathie

Archived