dinner in Vancouver?

dreamdoc

Looking for good food (maybe near gastown/st regis) the nite before our cruise out of Vancouver. I'm a foodie and looking for good not necessarily expensive.

Wow, there are so many options in downtown Vancouver. Depending on your budget, and what you're looking for (there's a lot of great Asian and Indian). Can you narrow it down a bit?

scotbee:

Would like to stay under $150 (american) for two. Ideas?

That shouldn't be too hard. I would recommend Joe Fortes (Denman St), and Provence (down by the Cambie Bridge) right off the bat. Going a little further afield, Vij's is excellent (Granville & 11th Ave).

A lot of the high end foodie restaurants are down on W 4th, which is a bit of a trek from downtown, the two I mentioned are at least on the downtown peninsula.

Was there a specific type of food you were looking for ?

Bishop's on 4th Ave. Easy cab ride from downtown. Excellent food and good wine list. Order the lamb and a bottle of Pesquera and John will tell you an interesting story. Bill Clinton likes it.;)

There's quite a few down on W.4th that are excellent; Bishops, Feenie's, Quattro.

As for chinese food, Sun Sui Wah is the best Chinese place, Main and approx 20th; worth the cab right from downtown.

Looking for good food (maybe near gastown/st regis) the nite before our cruise out of Vancouver. I'm a foodie and looking for good not necessarily expensive.

Here's a NYT link that has some good info and great comments with ideas on places to try:

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/north-america/canada/british-columbia/vancouver/restaurants.html

Viv

Archived