Cabin 5238 On Spirit Class

bearnuts

Does anyone have pictures or know the layout of this or similar cabins ? Thanks in advance.Brian

From Cruisedeckplans:

Cabin 5238 (7A OSTW) 185/40 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and obstructed balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table.

Note: Cabin is modified for wheelchair users.

• 1 year later...
From Cruisedeckplans:

Cabin 5238 (7A OSTW) 185/40 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and obstructed balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table.

Note: Cabin is modified for wheelchair users.

Thans for the stats. I am looking for a photo. I called Carnival and the PCP I spoke to said the life boats/tenders were at eye level. How will anyone in a wheelchair be able to enjoy a balcony looking smack into the side of a tender? We will be on the Spirit in September and I think I will stop by the cabin and hopefully meet up with an understanding fellow traveler who will let me take a look at the balcony. We'll see. I am also going to check out webshots.com, I understand they might have some photos there.

Thanks again

Donna:)

How will anyone in a wheelchair be able to enjoy a balcony looking smack into the side of a tender?

Thanks again

Donna:)

you can see out with no problem. you just can not look down in the water. This cabin does not have a sofa and stuff sits lower to accomadate the person in the chair.

Thanks so much. The cabin photo looks like it might slightly smaller but, still enough room to get around. I was most concerned with the balcony and I see it looks just fine. Carnival is going to send me some photos. If and when they do I will post them as well. If I don't get them, I will take some myself (01/01/12) and post them when we get back.

Thanks again

Donna :p

you can see out with no problem. you just can not look down in the water. This cabin does not have a sofa and stuff sits lower to accomadate the person in the chair.

AWESOME - Now I really can't wait to get onboard. I have a couple of other cruises, but, sinice this one is s Christmas gift for my husband (and me too but it is a surprise for him), I just wanted to make it as special as possible.

Thanks

Donna :)

UPDATE: Well, I got some pictures from Carnival, but they don't show any of the balcony, only the balcony door (with wheelchair ramp). They sent me about 5 shots of the bathroom, showing the handicapped modifications and 2 of the room, but none of the photos give you a good idea of the layout. The photos that KroozFoolz sent are better for that. As it turns out 5236 (non handicapped room) and 5238 (handicapped room) are the only rooms with the long balcony. 5245 (also a handicapped room) has the standard size balcony. FYI

Thanks everyone for helping me decide whether to book the room or not. I have decided to give it a try on the 01/01/12 sailing. Fingers crossed. How bad can it be??

As they say - "A bad day of cruising is better than a good day at work " (lol)

Thanks again - Donna

Archived