can i be locked out

aricczona

I recently took my first cruise, and within a week decided to book the next one. I had an oceanview and decided to upgrade to a bacony on the freedom. I have read on posts how the doors can suddenly slam shut. My question is, are there locks on balcony doors? Is there a possibility I can become stranded out there? I'm kinda prone to worse case scenario ewvents,just wondered if I should take precautions.

I recently took my first cruise, and within a week decided to book the next one. I had an oceanview and decided to upgrade to a bacony on the freedom. I have read on posts how the doors can suddenly slam shut. My question is, are there locks on balcony doors? Is there a possibility I can become stranded out there? I'm kinda prone to worse case scenario ewvents,just wondered if I should take precautions.

Only if your cabinmate decided to lock you out there :p

I can't speak for all balcony doors, but I doubt it.

Ours had a slide bolt lock on it..and it was not too easy to lock it.

Wow, food was AMAZING! Exceeded my expectaions as well as service. I have nothing but rave reviews for the staff and pride they took in the meals I had both in the buffet and the dining room. That's why I booked the Freedom for my next cruise. Heard a lot about the steakhouse, and think it will be the best $30 I have ever spent.

I think they were probably talking about how the door to the hall can slam shut, IF the balcony door is open at all. So if you're on the balcony with the door open, and someone else comes in the cabin, it slams pretty hard.

Hence the pleas for people to not leave their balcony door open, as it's really loud for the other passengers when that door closes with a bang.

Thakns for the replies.I wasn't sure if I was just being paranoid, but trust me worst case scenario is my middle name. I once got locked out of my NYC apartment when I snuck down to the lobby mid day in my boxers to pick up the mail( everyone usually at work in the building). Of course my Ex's cat nudged the door closed before I could get back up! Regarless to say, I met a lot of new neighbors that day before I got the Sup to let me back in:D

Archived