Blu BIG disappointment

whitelilly

We thought Blu was the best restaurant on the Solstice. After 3 days of bad breakfast in the MDR we found Blu where we actually could get a warm toasted bagel instead of a soggy cold one in the mdr. The service was excellent and they were able to make oatmeal if you request it. The food,service and atmosphere for dinner was also much better than the MDR.

Highly recommend.

LOL, I agree with LibraryLady, go and enjoy as opposed to eating in your cabin. I'd only eat dinner in my cabin if they tied me down there.......don't go there.......

There was a thread on here that had all the Blu menu's for a 10 day cruise. Does' anyone remember it or have a link to it? I guess I'll try a search for it.

Can anyone compare from experience the MDR vs. Blu for those things not related to food? i.e. was it fun in the MDR and/or Blu?

traveling alone i had more fun in the MDR meeting people. Blu has way to many two tops.

personally i like the food better most nights in the MDR

Can anyone compare from experience the MDR vs. Blu for those things not related to food? i.e. was it fun in the MDR and/or Blu?

The venue is much more intimate because of it's much smaller size. It also permits more personal service because the wait staff has a little more time to spend with you. Also consider that the cream of the waiter crop are given the opportunity to work in the specialty restaurants so they'll be more experienced and personable. The maitre 'd and ass't maitre 'd will get to know you better because of the fewer number of passengers. In summary a more personal, intimate experience than what you'll get in the MDR.

We just got off the Solstice last Saturday, were in Aqua Class and dined in BLU. While there is no doubt the venue is wonderful, the service is exceptional, and I never had a problem finding several things I wanted to try on the menu, the same was true for DH. DH is more of a chicken, cooked fish and potato guy and he was having a lot of trouble with the menu. I told him (repeatedly) he should check the MDR's menu and just ask the waiter to get that for him. (something my cousin did a few weeks back, and they did so without a problem) he did not. We did eat at Slik Harvest one night and Tuscan Grill another, they were wonderful. While I loved Aqua Class and will do it again, I could see where SOME people may not appreciate the menu in BLU. But don't let that be the determining factor, they seem to be willing to go the extra mile and get something you like. Breakfast in BLU is WONDERFUL!!!

Archived