My "Spring" Closet (Relates to What Season Are You?)

TerriSea

:rolleyes: Yesterday I came across Dolce & Gabbana silk square scarves in spring colors. They were "marked down" to 119 dollars from 249.:eek: Truthfully, they were very thin and not that outstanding.

Ow! I can't imagine paying that much for anything other than a suit or coat! I have a friend who casually slaps down $500 for boots without a second thought. I don't go shopping with her. It's like we speak different languages! :D Maybe it would be different if I was happy with my current size. I do know that some...repeat some...expensive items are worth the extra cash in terms of materials and workmanship. But since each time I buy something I hope it won't fit within a year, well, I'm just not prepared to make a major investment!

I'm such a discount shopping addict, I try to convince people to go shopping with me so that I can live vicariously through their purchases... All of you who desperately search for someone to go shopping with them, dang! I wish we lived closer to each other! :D

(My new silk scarves, by the way, were $15 each.)

This is my latest purchase from Coldwater Creek. The color is Palm Green.

Extremely cute!

It has just hit home just how much shopping I've been doing! You see, I bought two more tops from Walmart today. Nice sheer cotton shirts with matching tank tops. Practical for cruising and a decent price.

DSC05853.jpg

I decided to make a list of what I still needed for my next cruise and the answer is...not much! A pair of summer weight pants. Maybe some aqua sandals if I can find them. That's it! I've managed to put together a Spring wardrobe for both cold weather and warm weather in record time and pretty reasonable cost!

Okay, I'll still be wearing a couple of black dresses for dinner, but I can't justify getting rid of them when I've only worn them once!

Time to concentrate on something else now! :D

Extremely cute!

Okay, I'll still be wearing a couple of black dresses for dinner, but I can't justify getting rid of them when I've only worn them once!

:D

Milandra,

With your shopping talent I'm sure you can find a perfect spring colored wrap and jewelry to "Spring up" those black dresses. My upcoming cruise has three formal nights and I'm taking a black dress for one of the nights (I knew black wasn't my color even when I bought it...but it was such a bargain and fit like a dream and i HAVEN'T WORN IT YET!!! I found a beautiful golden wrap today with gold threads running through it and i'm going to pair it with gold sandals and jewelry to make it work!!!

Milaandra: Your scarves are prettier too, than the outrageously priced D&G!!

I love this color! What season/element would this color be right for? What is the material like? Rain coatish? Thick? I would like a jacket for the plane and the first and last night of the cruise because I'm sailing out of San Diego and it may very well be chilly. Is this coat too thick? Thin?

Thanks,

Cheryl :)

I love this color! What season/element would this color be right for? What is the material like? Rain coatish? Thick? I would like a jacket for the plane and the first and last night of the cruise because I'm sailing out of San Diego and it may very well be chilly. Is this coat too thick? Thin?

Thanks,

Hi Cheryl,

This lightweight rain jacket is perfect for Spring - the season of the year AND the color category! ;) The material is a moisture resistant microfiber. And the best part, the lining! It's a cool print!

You might find it on the Coldwater Creek outlet page! Good luck!

Milaandra - you amaze me! Again, awesome deals. :D Wish we could shop together sometime!!

Hi Cheryl,

This lightweight rain jacket is perfect for Spring - the season of the year AND the color category! ;) The material is a moisture resistant microfiber. And the best part, the lining! It's a cool print!

!!

Thanks, but I am confused. I thought Spring/Air and Autumn/Earth were for those with warm skin tones?

I think I may be autumn/Earth, but by the sounds of it, Curt won't be able to get to me until after my cruise. So, would this work with me, or no no no??

Cheryl

Thanks, but I am confused. I thought Spring/Air and Autumn/Earth were for those with warm skin tones?

I think I may be autumn/Earth, but by the sounds of it, Curt won't be able to get to me until after my cruise. So, would this work with me, or no no no??

Cheryl

Spring = Fire

and

Autumn = Earth

Those are the warm toned elements.

The cool groups are Summer = Air, and Winter = Ice.

From the pics I have seen, I think you are a Spring/Fire gal, too!! :)

Do you agree?

Spring = Fire

and

Autumn = Earth

Those are the warm toned elements.

The cool groups are Summer = Air, and Winter = Ice.

From the pics I have seen, I think you are a Spring/Fire gal, too!! :)

Do you agree?

There are days when I think I might be spring/fire and other days when I think I am autumn/earth. I do get complimented in the leopard print accessory stuff and I think that is autumn/earth, but I also LOVE colors like that palm tree jacket.

I held up a whole bunch of clothes to my DBF this weekend. He played along nicely for about 10 minutes which is all I could expect from a 6'5" lumberjack sort.

Anyway, I held up black, brown, white, beige, and pastle pink. He said the pink made my face come alive. All the other colors were 'the same'. Of course, this is the man who thought that it was ok to wear a black belt with brown shoes so I really need to keep his opinion in perspective, 'God love him. Did I mention he is the 6'5" lumberjack sort? :)

PS: This probably doesn't matter in the slightest, but I am a fire sign and I am most often described with those characteristics.

Thanks for all your help ladies,

Cheryl

H28543_793_S.jpg

Terri

I was looking at this jacket last week,,wanted it so bad but I thought I was a Fall. LOL Love this color green

Leigh

There are days when I think I might be spring/fire and other days when I think I am autumn/earth.

I did a search on the main board, and it looks like you only posted one little photo? Is that right? If you want to post more, you know we'll offer whatever help we can. Sometimes we're unanimous in our guessing!

H28543_793_S.jpg

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this jacket Terri!!! Back when I thought I was a "Spring" this was my FAVORITE color! :D I just got a lovely new periwinkle jacket this week though that suits my summer skin tone perfectly! ;) But, I do miss my palm green! You lucky gal! Spring is my favorite palette by far!

I need help from you Spring ladies! My DS is a Spring. I can spot spring greens very easily but have much difficulites with blues. I am a winter and have known this for over 30 years. But shopping for my little spring is very frustrating. I know most of you are shopping for yourselves. I just need ideas of where you may have seen spring colors for a soon to be 9yo boy?

I can spot spring greens very easily but have much difficulites with blues. I just need ideas of where you may have seen spring colors for a soon to be 9yo boy?

I find blues easier. Royal is ours, as are bright aquas. You could always buy some Spring swatches! I don't have a little guy, so I can't tell you specifically where to find things, but bright colours have always been popular for children!

Hi, I decided to wear my spring green sweater/jacket today and got two comments...one was "getting ready for St. Patrick's Day?" and the other was a compliment on how lovely and bright the colour is.

Would you say that's evidence that the colour is wearing me?

Admittedly, other than one comment on my new bright blue sweater ("I like your sweater") I can't remember the last time I got a compliment at work.

It might still be possible to return it.

I find blues easier. Royal is ours, as are bright aquas. You could always buy some Spring swatches! I don't have a little guy, so I can't tell you specifically where to find things, but bright colours have always been popular for children!

Other than turquoise, the brights for boys are usually cool colors.

Hi, I decided to wear my spring green sweater/jacket today and got two comments...one was "getting ready for St. Patrick's Day?" and the other was a compliment on how lovely and bright the colour is.

Would you say that's evidence that the colour is wearing me?

Admittedly, other than one comment on my new bright blue sweater ("I like your sweater") I can't remember the last time I got a compliment at work.

It might still be possible to return it.

Nah, don't let that be your guide! I have received similar comments (about a green shirt!) but I think of it this way: Some people are quite used to drab colors so a noticable bright color invites a response. OK, that was an ungracious response, and for that the person should take pause. One particular person commented more than once about my bright color clothing in a not flattering way, so now I just wink ;) and say "Thanks!!" or "Thank you, Sunshine!". :D

I have also noticed a lot of people do not smile much, either. I greet and smile at people throughout the day, and sometimes they smile back, and sometimes they are taken by surprise!

The blue sweater has to stay! Gosh, it must make your eyes light up! And the green jacket, well, I bet it also looks good, but maybe others are seeing a new and unexpected facet of you! They are not used to it.

I need help from you Spring ladies! My DS is a Spring. I can spot spring greens very easily but have much difficulites with blues. I am a winter and have known this for over 30 years. But shopping for my little spring is very frustrating. I know most of you are shopping for yourselves. I just need ideas of where you may have seen spring colors for a soon to be 9yo boy?

I can see your dilemma. My first suggestion is Old Navy. I met a young man who was so obviously a Spring at the bank and he was wearing an electric blue oxford shirt with a lime/white diagonal striped tie --- and --- it looked great on him! He said he shops at Old Navy. I cannot truly speak for JC Penney because there isn't one near me. Oh, and perhaps Gap Kids would have something. I have found good deals there for my neices in the past. Wish I could be more helpful! :o

I did a search on the main board, and it looks like you only posted one little photo? Is that right? If you want to post more, you know we'll offer whatever help we can. Sometimes we're unanimous in our guessing!

Yes, it's true. One little photo and a description. I'm waiting to try to get the 'right' photos because I know Curt is going to want the pics in different fabrics also. I want to find my LoReal match too, which should help. I think Curt is busy for a bit, but I'll run them by this group of ladies while I wait.

I thought this was cute, from Lands End:

386248_AG10_LF_GVN?op_sharpen=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=7.462686567164179

Hi Spring ladies! I need an opinion.

I found a place on-line that offers swimwear with larger cups and it isn't designed for model figures with just huge bazoombas. My husband is loving this...he really wants me to be able to splash around with him in Bermuda.

I've narrowed it down to two possible colours. You've seen my photos...my body skin is even paler. Which should I choose?

The first is mottled navy, the second is blue with a mint green pattern, so it looks turquoise overall.

Midnight.jpg.902e52f01492090f9429ef723d7d584e.jpg

Mint.jpg.9626ba81cf8c35ae2ea26c398d8baf3d.jpg

Hi Spring ladies! I need an opinion.

I found a place on-line that offers swimwear with larger cups and it isn't designed for model figures with just huge bazoombas. My husband is loving this...he really wants me to be able to splash around with him in Bermuda.

I've narrowed it down to two possible colours. You've seen my photos...my body skin is even paler. Which should I choose?

The first is mottled navy, the second is blue with a mint green pattern, so it looks turquoise overall.

Milandra...my vote ....turquoise all the way..BTW you descriptions of big bazoomers made be giggle!

Milandra...my vote ....turquoise all the way..BTW you descriptions of big bazoomers made be giggle!

Me too......giggling like a catholic school girl.....oh wait, I WAS a catholic school girl, so no wonder I giggled!!:D

Mill- For you, the first one. Heck yes, it will be totally awesome with your eyes - I know I keep mentioning them, but they are so stunning, when you wear that deeper blue suit, your husband will be SO looking at your......eyes!! ;)

For me, I would no doubt choose the turquoise one, being that I have more gold tones in my hair and eyes.

But go for it with the bright navy-ish one!

Oh TerriSea, you are so sweet! And thanks to both of you, but...believe it or not, I changed my mind! I decided it was a foolish waste of money (yes, this is me!) to buy a swimsuit when I don't swim. :D I'll just get a cheapo swimskirt from Walmart and top it with a tank top & an old bra. Heck, I'll be surprised if I get wet above the waist anyway.

Um...er...I went shopping again today. I know it seems like I'm being extravagant, but I get such deals! Today I got $525 worth of Jones New York (based on original price tags) for $56!! And since I "won my purchase" from the bead store for my earring fixin's, that means the day's shopping really only cost me $10 (plus some tax...make it $20 max) I also colour analyzed both sales clerks...hey they asked! :D

I'm still afraid I'm buying just a touch on the autumn side, but at least I'm not buying winter any more...

Archived