My "Spring" Closet (Relates to What Season Are You?)

TerriSea

I ended up buying Canyon.

Papaya looked too bright in the package, and Coral was alllll gone.

The Canyon is so-so, it looks a bit too dark on me. I chickened out on the Papaya, (bwack-bwack!:p) but it probably would have been OK. :o

I ended up buying Canyon.

Papaya looked too bright in the package, and Coral was alllll gone.

The Canyon is so-so, it looks a bit too dark on me. I chickened out on the Papaya, (bwack-bwack!:p) but it probably would have been OK. :o

There are photos of me wearing both Coral and Papaya on the original thread.

I love the way you gals are embracing your colors. Your new clothes are awesome. As an autumn, I'm getting a little frustrated looking at the new spring clothes. Am I going to be walking around in wool sweaters in May? :)

Ooh, I could so shop for you! :D I end up having to fight my Autumn and Winter inclinations the whole time I'm shopping. In fact, I just got rid of some hot-weather clothing in autumn colours and I haven't purged all of them yet!

I saw these swimsuits on llbean, and they may be examples of Spring/Fire swimsuits!

do31n7.jpg

Here is a closeup view, and the model has lovely freckles! I think she is a Spring, too, with coloring similar to Milaandra!!!!! Milaandra, your eyes are bluer!

6en344.jpg

Here is the one I like the best. I think I will order it:

2m4yatx.jpg

I picked myself up another sweater in the clearance rack...$5!

DSC05827.jpg

Here's a close up with my swatches against it.

DSC05828.jpg

I've noticed a trend here...most of what I buy is at the absolute deepest of my colour swatches. I wonder if that's just because it's still cold out? Or if I'm still fighting my bright pastels...

I'm a huge fan of Outlast. I discovered it when I was getting married and it's been my day lip colour ever since!

I was trying on outfits, and I think I might exchange the coral sweater/jacket. They also had a warm green and a bright blue...I think I would be more comfortable in one of those.

I'm incorrigible! I went shopping again today.

My cheap friends aren't into clothes shopping and the friends I have who are into shopping don't appreciate being frrrrugal. So, I hope you don't mind that I'm sharing here...I have to share with someone!

I stopped at my Jones New York outlet. Not much going on, but I did get a perfect chocolate sweater for $18. I thought it was a deal until I kept shopping...

DSC05833.jpg

Next door was Liz Claiborne. I never go in there because I'm at the top end of their sizing, but they had huge 50% off signs in the window. I got a golden tan lightweight suit for $45!! Here it is with the little aqua sleeveless turtleneck I bought before, and a pair of half price earrings...

Note...not one but two curious kitties...

DSC05829.jpg

See how well this outfit matches my colour swatches!

DSC05830.jpg

Then I returned the coral sweater/jacket for the warm spring green version.

DSC05832.jpg

to be continued...

So I stopped at Winners on the way home. It's like Marshalls/Ross, but in Canada. They had a huge last chance clearance.

I got these pants for $3...yes! $3!! I don't even have to hem them!

DSC05839.jpg

This taupe Jones New York knit tee was $7...original price tag attached saying $70.

DSC05834.jpg

This evening top was $9. Now all I need is something to go with it. (other than cat hair, of course!) Suggestions requested!

DSC05835.jpg

I'm not entirely sure if this matches my swatches, but it was cute on and was only $3.

DSC05841.jpg

DSC05840.jpg

Finally, I got a little casual top in what is becoming my favourite bright aqua. I paid full price for this, but in Winners that was still only $20.

DSC05842.jpg

Oh, and I bought a new eyeshadow, since the palette I picked up didn't include any midtoned warm non-shiny ones. I bought purminerals Sandstone, which seems to be a warm taupe.

Whew! What a day of bargoons!

Well, I think the cat goes GREAT with the top!

Yeah, but they wriggle and the safety pins won't hold them in place... :D

Okay, you have now discovered why I have always worn so much black. At one point we had four black cats.

I think they want me to keep wearing black, too. The youngest is fascinated with my swatches and keeps stealing them out of my purse for a quick chew...

So I stopped at Winners on the way home. It's like Marshalls/Ross, but in Canada. They had a huge last chance clearance.

I got these pants for $3...yes! $3!! I don't even have to hem them!

This taupe Jones New York knit tee was $7...original price tag attached saying $70.

This evening top was $9. Now all I need is something to go with it. (other than cat hair, of course!) Suggestions requested!

I'm not entirely sure if this matches my swatches, but it was cute on and was only $3.

Finally, I got a little casual top in what is becoming my favourite bright aqua. I paid full price for this, but in Winners that was still only $20.

Oh, and I bought a new eyeshadow, since the palette I picked up didn't include any midtoned warm non-shiny ones. I bought purminerals Sandstone, which seems to be a warm taupe.

Whew! What a day of bargoons!

My goodness Milandra I thought my shopping addiction was bad:D

Love them all and just love a bargain even more... with all that retail therapy you must be feeling on top of the world today!

Wow, you have outdone yourself!

I'm guessing your list was something like this:

• Excellent Styles, classic and youthful : CHECK!
  • Flattering Colors: CHECK!
  • Feline Approval: CHECK!
  • BARGAINS: DOUBLE-CHECK!!

I like everything, but I am sad you returned the coral sweater. I liked that, too....;) I think my fav is the $3 top. Pretty!!:)

And I want those earrings. Usually turquoise stones are set in silver, so that is a real find!!

LOL, those nosy kitties! I bet they don't let you read the paper either!!

And I want those earrings. Usually turquoise stones are set in silver, so that is a real find!!

LOL, those nosy kitties! I bet they don't let you read the paper either!!

I find myself wanting all sorts of semi-precious stones...they seem to go so well with our colours.

Sleeping would be good. My old girl is 17 years old and over the past year she has decided that if she wants cuddles at 4 a.m., she'll just yell at my sleeping self until I wake up and service her needs...

A friend of mine wanted to visit a bead store, so I ended up trying my hand at making my own Spring jewelery! Okay, I'm not very good, but I'm getting better. These photos are taken in poor light...the background is actually white, so imagine the colours brighter than they show. It's nice to pick your own stones, but the spectrum of styles you can make are pretty limited.

I forget what this stone is, but I couldn't resist orange and green.

DSC05845.jpg

I think this is chrysoprase. (I lose my head in craft shops and fabric stores)

DSC05848.jpg

Bamboo coral.

DSC05847.jpg

Azurite/Malachite

DSC05846.jpg

Lapis Lazuli

DSC05849.jpg

I also bought some stones to make a matching necklace and earrings in a pretty turquoise blue but I think that might be beyond my capabilities. I might just return them!

Ooh, and I found three great Spring camis...aqua, bright yellow and coral.

And two fabulous silk scarves...pics tomorrow when the sun's out!

Seriously, you make me feel better that I'm not alone!!! Makes me want to go shopping...:D

That makes 2 of us! All this talk of shopping has made me stoop so low that I just asked my teenage son if HE wanted to go to the mall with me this afternoon! :eek: That is just sick! What reasonable woman invites her teenage son to SHOP? :o

That makes 2 of us! All this talk of shopping has made me stoop so low that I just asked my teenage son if HE wanted to go to the mall with me this afternoon! :eek: That is just sick! What reasonable woman invites her teenage son to SHOP? :o

Great finds Milaandra!

My shopping trip was a bummer since I could not find things I like in my size or price range! :(

I used to occasionally resort to bribing my son to go shopping with me, knowing the price of his companionship was lunch and video game store excursion. Now that he is an adult, he will ONCE in a Great While go with me shopping, knowing the price of his companionship is lunch in a nice restaurant, and an excursion to a home-goods store or a shoe store. Have you seen the price of men's shoes? :eek:

Now I have a pre-teen niece who loves to go out shopping now and then! This too, will end soon once she gets electronically sucked into her cell phone. I've seen it happen.

Great finds Milaandra!

My shopping trip was a bummer since I could not find things I like in my size or price range! :(

I used to occasionally resort to bribing my son to go shopping with me, knowing the price of his companionship was lunch and video game store excursion. Now that he is an adult, he will ONCE in a Great While go with me shopping, knowing the price of his companionship is lunch in a nice restaurant, and an excursion to a home-goods store or a shoe store. Have you seen the price of men's shoes? :eek:

Now I have a pre-teen niece who loves to go out shopping now and then! This too, will end soon once she gets electronically sucked into her cell phone. I've seen it happen.

My shopping trip turned out to be a bust today too, but it was great to get out of the house after all this snow and I enjoyed spending the afternoon with my son. I haven't been to the mall in ages! It was sooooooooo crowded I just couldn't function. I guess everyone was happy to finally get out! So, I think I might go back after work tomorrow and zip through on my own. I really don't need anything, but I always enjoy looking! I did notice an abundance of spring colors everywhere I looked! Not so much summer colors for me yet though. Soon! Very soon! :D

Archived