Cabin 9201 at the front of the ship?

OntarioTraveller

We are ready to book on the Freedom and looking at the 4J's.

We want to book 9201 to have a window, be on the Lido deck and for the value.

But.... it looks small on the deckplan. I have not been able to get any specifics on this cabin (done the search...). Is it really small? have a sofa? storage?

I have found info and pictures of the neighbouring HC cabins (9202 and 9203) which I know are much larger and look great. I am tempted to book one of these but don't want to get bumped or keep a disabled person from having it.

Anyone have firsthand knowledge of 9201? Pictures?

Thanks!!

But.... it looks small on the deckplan. I have not been able to get any specifics on this cabin (done the search...). Is it really small? have a sofa? storage?

I have found info and pictures of the neighbouring HC cabins (9202 and 9203) which I know are much larger and look great. I am tempted to book one of these but don't want to get bumped or keep a disabled person from having it.

Thanks!!

On the deck plans it does look small..

Here is the info

Cabin 9201 4G OSTW 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: view to outdoor walkway

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

I can't comment on the configuration of the cabin itself but I can tell you that while you will have a window you will have nothing to see out it. The window looks out on a public observation deck which has a wall that will obstruct most all of your view except for sky. Also, since the area outside your window will have passengers walking around they will be able to look in on you, though in bright sunshine they won't actually see anything.

We are booking HC9203 on Freedom and I have been trying to find any information on it. Where did you find the info?

Thanks!!

There is a smattering of information on this board.

"Search" for Modified cabins, Handicap cabins or plug in the cabin #s There is lots of information if you dig for it.

We just booked #9201 on the Freedom. We could find no pictures of this cabin and understand it could be small but like the idea of being on the Lido deck (for an inside price!)

9203 and 9202 are HC cabins and if able-bodied persons book them, they run the risk of getting moved. If you need them, they seem to be nice size and have a bathroom big enough to get a wheelchair in. There are some pictures around on this board of those rooms.

I would think that if you were disabled it could be a problem that these HC rooms are at the extreme front of the ship and the dining places are at the back?? (go figure..)

I've looked into these a bit, if you have any more questions!

Thanks!!

When are you leaving? We have 9201 reserved on the Valor in mid-April...I'd be more than happy to take pictures of the cabin for you (and try to see if we can get pictures of one of the HC cabins beside it too!)

We had 9201 on the Liberty. We were placed there on an inside gty. I think it is a little smaller, but it was our first cruise so we didn't notice. We did enjoy the daylight, but was always worried that people out on the deck could see in. However we loved having that deck right there. There was hardly anyone out there ever, so it was kind of like having your own balcony. It was really nice being on the Lido deck too, being so close to everything. Being that forward in the ship didn't bother me at all. All in all, i would book that cabin again based on the location, 'private' deck and window. Oh and price!

There were closets for storage, drawers, and a fridge. There was a little table and one chair.

Thanks so much, you are the first person I heard from that actually stayed in cabin 9201!

Was the head of the bed against the window?

Was there enough storage, place to put your things?

How was the bathroom?

We are a little concerned that the room is smaller that other rooms we may have chosen.

Did you find it a convenient location? Was it a long walk to the buffet?

Thanks! (sorry..I am a detail person!)

Thanks so much, you are the first person I heard from that actually stayed in cabin 9201!

Was the head of the bed against the window?

Was there enough storage, place to put your things?

How was the bathroom?

We are a little concerned that the room is smaller that other rooms we may have chosen.

Did you find it a convenient location? Was it a long walk to the buffet?

Thanks! (sorry..I am a detail person!)

Lets see... We sailed in 2006, so I am trying to remember. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.. we didn't even own a digital camera then. The headboord was not against the window. It was on the left side of the room. I felt like there was enough storage space to put my things. Like I said, I realize now, after taking more cruises that the room was smaller, but not by much. I think for two people, you will manage just fine. We aren't one's to spend alot of time in the room. I thought the bathroom was the same size as other inside cabins I have had. I loved the location!! So convenient. It was a little bit of a walk to the buffet, but I loved it being on the same deck! And again, loved the little deck outside, it was awesome!! Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope you are pleased with it!

We just booked 9201 on the Valor for May this year. I researched on cc and was able to find some photos (below). They also show the handicapped rooms but the first few photos are of 9201. It is the same size as other interiors. Sometimes the cabin size on carnival's website is just wrong or misleading.

Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1126262

Check with a Carnival rep, but someone told me the beds were Head to head, that it could not be made into a king bed. We were just on 9202 on the Liberty, but I did not get to see the inside of the other room.

As far as the windows, you can't see the "lower" part of the ocean, but you do get daylight and the sky. We did keep our curtains closed due to traffic on the deck. There was not a lot, but you could see in when you were out on the deck, especially with the lights on in the rooms.

I would book the room again. I love being able to walk out on the deck, especially when pulling in and out of port. Great for pictures.

We just returned from the Liberty and had cabin 7203...similar layout. It was significantly smaller than the balcony cabins we usually get. The beds were made into a King with the head of the bed under the window and a small nightstand on either side. No sofa.

The worst part for us was the one night of rough seas. We could hear every wave the hull slammed into! Also, the wind at night makes going out onto that balcony area prohibitive. The one rough night, the lid of the bench that was right under our window kept opening and slamming shut until a crew member secured it.

In all honesty, we would not book one of the forward cabins again. We did this time because it was a significant savings over the balcony as our military discount was not being offered on the balcony cabins.

Thanks!!

Are you familiar with an info site..cruisedeckplans.com. I love it. Joined quite a ways back..people are adding cabin photos all the time. The deckplans can be moved on top of each other to see your exact location. It is so much fun to ship and stateroom dream there..after here of course..there is a fee now..but I think it is worth it. Just looked there and saw for instance...7201 on the Glory I believe...sjn.

Archived