Waitlist on Sea Princess Julu 2010

Cali_Chick

Hi everyone!

So, I waited too long to pick a cruise. Now, I want to book the HH on the Sea Princess for the July 1st cruise to Alaska but it's on a waitlist only now.

So, my question is, since the cruise is still a few months away, what are the chances of actually getting the room? I'm going to call Princess to see how many are on the waitlist because I know that will be a big impact but am curious how the process works and what the chances would be?

Any suggestions?

I know my booking on the Diamond, southbound from Whittier on 7/10/10 has had a waitlist for a few weeks. I did notice that the expenses full suites were still available though:eek:. I guess you"ll just have to wait and see but I woukld call Princess and see if you can get an idea of time as I'm sure you have to make flight arrangements and airfares are going up. Good luck, hope it works out.

Well, I'm offically on the waitlist! I'm #4 so I'm thinking that's better than being #40. :D

I called Princess and they suggested that I go ahead and book the GG room now and stay on the waitlist for the HH. If it becomes available before final payment, I can switch to the lower fare.

I think that might be the best plan. It's over budget but hopefully we can get the lower price before then. Can always cancel if we have to but hopefully we won't!

Thank you Calmom! No flight arrangements actually. I only live a few hours away from SFO so will drive there. We had looked at NCL out of Seattle as well but the airfare put the cruise out of our price range.

You've done the right thing. For some cruiselines, you can get a better rate if you book at the last minute. While that can happen for a Princess cruise, it's not the norm and if you put off booking a cabin in the hopes of a better price, your options become slim or none. Most Princess cruises are booked long in advance and sail full.

Thanks Pam in CA! Good to hear it's a good plan. This will be my first cruise so I wasn't sure.

I'm in Northern CA (Nevada County), so sailing from SFO is the easiest in terms of getting to the dock.

10 days of fun and relaxation - I can't wait!

P.S. they really need a smilies that bounces in excitement :D

Well, I'm offically on the waitlist! I'm #4 so I'm thinking that's better than being #40. :D

I called Princess and they suggested that I go ahead and book the GG room now and stay on the waitlist for the HH. If it becomes available before final payment, I can switch to the lower fare.

I think that might be the best plan. It's over budget but hopefully we can get the lower price before then. Can always cancel if we have to but hopefully we won't!

Thank you Calmom! No flight arrangements actually. I only live a few hours away from SFO so will drive there. We had looked at NCL out of Seattle as well but the airfare put the cruise out of our price range.

I think your going to be fine and get the category you want since we are still several weeks away from final payment. However, it is better to be safe then sorry. At least you don't have to spend money on a flight, that was a major expense for us, $7K:eek:

Seems like the cruise lines have some new policy about waitlists--my TA called Princess and the whole ship was supposedly waitlisted, even though the website shows availability and I'm receiving marketing emails after they tell the TA that it's waitlisted. She asked about a different ship, same thing. She called Holland America--same thing. I'm guessing it's because I find something on the cruise line's website that looks like a "good deal", and they don't really want to sell at that price. This is all for Alaska in May, 2010. Am interested to hear if others are experiencing the same.

Archived