Os ecstacy

luving2cruise

The old category 11 balconies to me arent worth the price, unless you are going all the way up to the top category, whatever the 12s are called now.

I love the Ecstasy, was on her a couple of weeks ago. My favorite ship and CD. Its really looking nice after dry dock too.

We were in the OS in November and it was a great room and location. My only complaint was the room stewardess was pretty non-existant. We only had turn down on 2 out of 4 nights, we had to call for towels, only got capers on 2 days, etc. When we returned the OS booking manager was simply like "you got to expierience the room, that was what you paid for. We are still working out the kinks." I was beyond disappointed in that, we had booked an extended penthouse suite (i think they're called grand suites now) and spent an additional $1600 to upgrade to the OS. According to him though they've addressed the problem, so I guess I got to pay to be the guinea pig, lol.

We stayed in PH-1 in July 2008. We loved it! I've tried to book it again, but I could never find it for a reasonable price. If you can afford it, do it! There is no comparison between the OS and the GS. The only problem with the OS is that it will very hard to ever cruise again without it. Our room steward took good care of us, but it's not like she was waiting ourside our door to help us. We had no complaints.

There is some confusion going on here. The category of OS stands for Ocean Suite which used to be the cat 11. They are on the Verandah deck with the balconies that are very open to the outside promenade and bridge. They have been compared to similar to balcony cabins on the larger ships.

Some of the responses here refer to the penthouse suites PH of which there are two and very expensive. They are apartment size.

GS or Grand Suites are the old cat 12 and are located on Main with balconies that are in-hull. The room has a sitting area and much larger than the regular oceanviews.

Archived