Found memory card!!!

PeggyTC

While in Cozumel on February 8th we went to an old hotel that is now closed down and they use the bar and beach. While on the beach we found a memory card. I didn't want to give it to them since i didn't think they would do anything to find who it belongs to. The best i can figure from looking at the photos and dates. The owner was on the Carnival Inspiration and on the beach on February 4th. If you think this could be yours contact me with the occasion that is being celebrated in the pictures to let me know it's yours. I lost a camera a few years back and was sick that i lost those photos (and the camera). I just want to make sure you get the memory card back.

While in Cozumel on February 8th we went to an old hotel that is now closed down and they use the bar and beach. While on the beach we found a memory card. I didn't want to give it to them since i didn't think they would do anything to find who it belongs to. The best i can figure from looking at the photos and dates. The owner was on the Carnival Inspiration and on the beach on February 4th. If you think this could be yours contact me with the occasion that is being celebrated in the pictures to let me know it's yours. I lost a camera a few years back and was sick that i lost those photos (and the camera). I just want to make sure you get the memory card back.

You might want to go on the roll call for that cruise and post this. We could only hope that word got out to someone.

Another reason why the first photo on each of your memory cards should be your address and phone number:D

That is a very good idea that I never thought of. We take a picture of our passport as well as our luggage in case either gets lost. They don't "accept" a photo of a passport but it is a lot easier to go to an embassy with a picture they can get all the numbers off of. Never thought of that for my memory cards...will definitely do that in the future.

Thanks

I posted a note on the 1/30/2010 Roll call to direct anybody checking in there to look for this thread...

I hope you manage to locate the owner..that would be fantastic to have CC work their magic twice in such a short period of time!

Another reason why the first photo on each of your memory cards should be your address and phone number:D

Great suggestion.

I just took your advice and now my name, city, & phone # are my first photo for my upcoming cruise in a week. My second photo includes the name of ship and dates in case it gets lost on ship or on shore.

Doubt that will happen, though, as I'm very, very careful. BUT accidents do happen.

Fantastic suggestion! I am going to do that right now for our cruise next week. On a side note, if I happen to lose something like my camera or memory card, I hope someone would post it on here just like you did! What a thoughtful gesture.

Thanks for the great idea, from now on i will make my first picture of every memory card my name address and number. I actually thought ahead this time and put my name number ship and cabin number on my camera but didn't do anything on the memory card. I really hope i can find the owner because i know how awful it is to lose those memories.

That is a very good idea that I never thought of. We take a picture of our passport as well as our luggage in case either gets lost. They don't "accept" a photo of a passport but it is a lot easier to go to an embassy with a picture they can get all the numbers off of. Never thought of that for my memory cards...will definitely do that in the future.

Thanks

I also scanned our passports and emailed them to myself so if I need them for any reason off the ship I can get to them from any computer.

I also scanned our passports and emailed them to myself so if I need them for any reason off the ship I can get to them from any computer.

Personally I wouldnt be placing that info in an email as it could get hacked into and provide a less than desirable person info and possible identity theft. We just make a color copy of our passport and take it with us when leaving the ship. Alot safer and less chance of identity theft. :eek:

Great Idea about taking a photo of your name etc. My husband is a Pro and he has his name and phone # on his memory card itself. Nice there are honest people out there!

One idea to track it down. If the people took a Carnival Excursion Carnival might have a list of people who were on that ship that day and went to that beach. They won't give you names and numbers for privacy sake, but they just might take the time to call the people and let them know you have thier card. Long Shot but it might be worth a call to Carnival.

If you can't find the owner of the memory card... you might post the info with Carnival's Senior CD ... John Heald. He has a place on his blog for questions that he will reply to. That way, he could talk to the 'powers-that-be' and hopefully help you locate the missing person! Just a suggestion! I hope the owner appreciates your effort.. I know I would! :D

johnhealdsblog.com/

I posted a note on the 1/30/2010 Roll call to direct anybody checking in there to look for this thread...

I hope you manage to locate the owner..that would be fantastic to have CC work their magic twice in such a short period of time!

Just curious, but what was the first magic act?

You may want to consider contacting Carnival Lost Prevention Department. Give them the same information you posted here. Plus any other details that might help them. The person who lost this card may have spoke with guest services on the ship or they themselves contacted Carnival lost prevention department.

Except that I'm paranoid that anyone who knows my home address and phone number will burglarize the place. The contact info on my luggage tags has always been my work address and number.

Except that I'm paranoid that anyone who knows my home address and phone number will burglarize the place. The contact info on my luggage tags has always been my work address and number.

As long as they have a place to send it, no worries. Usually, when someone finds a camera, they are not in your hometown either, so I don't worry so much. Also, there are people at my house when I'm gone and don't forget that big mean dog.

Archived