Claire O'Brien and Webdesigner

czechmate

Ernie

Thanks for the Review, Im on the Mar 5th cruise and after your review I am at easy. What type of music is played in the lounges and bars. What entertainment group would you say is a must to see, and what shows are not to be missed. You said the TV programming could be better, what do they have. If you are the type not to lay in the sun, what is there to do on sea days. Great pictures, also do you have any pictures of the public spaces, thanks again for the review

Ron

Hi Ron,

Plenty of music choices during the evenings. I believe there were five different groups, including the piano singer. Most of the music is in Italian but it's just wonderful to listen to. Besides the piano player, there was an Italian trio with a female vocalist (excellent), a Caribbean type band that played a little of everything including island music, a more classical group that played stings, and another group that played Italian and popular music. There was really something for everyone.

The TV was pretty pitiful. There were movies at specific times but not much else. No CNN or anything like that. Once in a while the USA channel would come in .... and if you can believe it Jerry Falwell's preaching! That really struck me as odd. Also being aired 24/7 for the entire cruise was the ship's safety video (a couple days would have been sufficient), and also a video on shore excursions. That is about it. I also missed having music, and although there are two music channels listed on the TV, no music was ever played.

I am definitely a sun worshiper ... so plop me down on my deck chair in the warm sun with my walkman and I am happy for hours. During the day there were lots of activities though. Games, bingo, Italian lessons, dance lessons, etc. The cruise staff (aka The Animation Team) is very large and very busy. They seem to be organizing something 24/7. I think you will find plenty to do.

Here is a link with some great pics of the ship's interior. She is a beauty. Hope you enjoy.

Ernie

http://public.fotki.com/eroller/msc_opera/

Hi Ernie: I have had no luck with the fax number in the manual they send with the paperwork. It seems like there must be some numbers missing. (Like a country code or something like that) Did you have any trouble with your fax? I have tried the published number but it is not going through.

Replied via private email.

Ernie

Archived