corkscrew question

The Dragon

Not if you buy boxed wine or screw tops:)......but, yes, you should bring your own...the ones they sell in the store on the ship are expensive.

I'm married to a Frenchman - he'd guillotine me if I suggested either!! ;)

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

Hannah

On Crown we drank Nobilo New Zealand wine with a cork. In Britain the same wine has a screw top.

Bring your own. The steward doesn`t always have one.

I have had some excellent wines recently that have come with a screw top, I agree with the other poster who said that the trend now is to use them rather than corks, so much easier, with the exception of Champagne of course!

When I went on my cruise last year, I made sure that the bottles I bought at Duty Free at Heathrow were screw top and they were all lovely, but sitting on your balcony watching the world go by, relaxing with a glass of wine... I suppose most would taste fantastic :D

I thought the trend in the wine industry is to go completely screw top?

We have made it a habit the last few years to visit as many wineries as we can ..... Many of them tell us that going corkless is a much better way to preserve the wine, that the new screw caps are much better than the natural or synthetic corks, but the industry is controlled by wine "snobs" that refuse to drink anything without a cork.

We always pack a corkscrew although most of the time when the stewards see our wine they offer to get us one. Better safe than sorry :-)

Definately toss one in your checked luggage before you leave home, unless you plan on drinking Two Buck Chuck!:p

Hey! Two Buck Chuck is my favorite!! It's a two-hour drive to our nearest Trader Joe's, so we get a case at a time. Great stuff!

I thought the trend in the wine industry is to go completely screw top?

Just some harmless xenophobic banter in a two nationality household - in the minds of most of my French friends and family (very countryfied, not city dwellers) wine is something that they (the French) have been doing better than the rest of the world for a long time so why would they change it? I know lots of your won't agree, it is just their thoughts. Please let's not have a debate on the merits of French vs New World wines!!

I agree screw top has as good a flavour and no likelihood of a spoilt bottle through corking. As for boxes, I agree with my gallic family - no no for me.

That is the beauty of wine, one person's vinegar is the next person's vintage. Thanks for the corkscrew comments, sante, cheers, bottoms up!

Hannah

p.s. hic hic

Archived