Balcony Dinner

Woje17

Just booked our first Princess cruise yesterday! Does anybody know how you book the balcony dinner ahead of time? Do they only do the balcony dinner on sea days or everyday? Thanks.

John

I'm pretty sure they do UBD every day. We called with two days notice and didn't have any problem reserving.

It is worth the money!

You can pre-order the UBD - I just did two weeks ago. You can use the order form on the Special Services area of the Princess site - or you can simply call Princess and order it (which is what I did - you'll need your booking number). A notice will be in your box when you arrive and you'll need to call (DINE) and make reservations for the time and date as soon as you get on the ship to make sure you get it when you want.

Enjoy!

I pre-ordered the dinner for our cruise a few days ago. We are doing a Southbound Alaska cruise on the Diamond Princess the end of June. Princess said a card would be in our cabin when we check-in directing us to call and set up the date and time. Good Luck!:)

We just did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner two nights ago. We are currently on the Coral Princess.

I purchased the dinner in advance, but it is really only a $100 on-board credit. After you get on the ship you have to call and set up the actual date and time. Do this ASAP. I was told by the head guy you does this that at least on the Coral they only do 4 per night. Since I wanted Valentine's Day I just it as soon as we got to our cabin.

We have probably had the UBD at least 10 or more times and it is always nothing short of excellent.

Last week we ordered the UBD once again while onboard The Emerald and I changed from my usual surf and turf to just the surf.

I was astounded when my entre was placed on the table as there were two lobster tails that must have been 12oz each. They were monsters and prepared just perfectly.

Mike:)

We have probably had the UBD at least 10 or more times and it is always nothing short of excellent.

Last week we ordered the UBD once again while onboard The Emerald and I changed from my usual surf and turf to just the surf.

I was astounded when my entre was placed on the table as there were two lobster tails that must have been 12oz each. They were monsters and prepared just perfectly.

Attack of the Radioactive Lobsters -- a 1950s sci-fi film . . .

How was your cruise? No review for us?

Attack of the Radioactive Lobsters -- a 1950s sci-fi film . . .

How was your cruise? No review for us?

The cruise was super, the passenger demographics not so.:eek:

I am pondering about the recap.

If you have any questions fire away.

Mike

The cruise was super, the passenger demographics not so.:eek:

I am pondering about the recap.

If you have any questions fire away.

Mike

Nothing specific; for my next cruise I'm contemplating, as one among many possibilites, doing the Emerald back-to-back this summer and would like to have your take on her. Of course, now that you've let slip that tantalizing bit about passenger demographics and because it seems you feel the need to ponder before you recap, I'm thoroughly intrigued!

I also pre-ordered the UBD. There will be a gift card in your cabin with the message that you had written to go along with it. It is the same as if you pre-order a bottle of wine. You don't have the bottle of wine in your cabin, but a gift card. There is some question as to whether the actual date can be reserved, but when I booked the UBD, the Princess rep. asked me for what date. She said that only the time has to be confirmed on-board, that the actual date is reserved.

We are doing it next week for the first time - I'll let you know!

Well the ship was beautiful and the staff terrific; but the extra 500 passengers were quite noticeable at times.

And you would not believe how many people were boarding in FLL with sweat pants and tee shirts as well as women in their 50's with ragged denim mini skirts.

It looked like a Wal-Mart on a Saturday evening.:eek:

It will take us a long time before we can get on another ship with more passengers than the Grand class (2600).

Just my opinion, mind you.

Well the ship was beautiful and the staff terrific; but the extra 500 passengers were quite noticeable at times.

And you would not believe how many people were boarding in FLL with sweat pants and tee shirts as well as women in their 50's with ragged denim mini skirts.

It will take us a long time before we can get on another ship with more passengers than the Grand class (2600).

Mike, I have to defer to your superior knowledge of Wal-Mart on a Saturday night! Ahem. But thank you for that vivid word picture -- I'm going to consider my options carefully. As soon as I stop laughing, that is (meanwhile, looking in dismay at my new artfully-distressed designer denim miniskirt. Sigh.).

Seriously, I really didn't notice the crowds so much on the Crown, but having subsequently sailed on the Dawn and Coral, I'm thinking it may have spoiled me . . . Although gotta love Adagio and the IC.

OP, sorry to hijack your thread!

What type of table do they use for the UBD? We have a larger aft balcony on the Emerald but it will only have a smaller (non-eating size table). I'd love to keep an UBD table out there for the duration of our cruise. ;)

For our dinner they brought a table along with them that we used for dining. The smaller balcony table was used by the waiter for holding water, trays etc..

We also called prior to boarding and were told that you are reserving the date with the phone call but the time has to be arranged once onboard.

What type of table do they use for the UBD? We have a larger aft balcony on the Emerald but it will only have a smaller (non-eating size table). I'd love to keep an UBD table out there for the duration of our cruise. ;)

It has been our experience that they always bring a table; but are required to remove it later due to needing it for other UBD's.

I booked the ubd just a few days ago with a princess rep for our cruise on the ruby in 3 weeks and was quoted $115.00, i had my date and time ready to book but was told i had to do both when i got on board. so will do it as soon as we get on. I so looking forward to it. Thank you for the info on the table as i was wondering about it as well.

:)

I booked the ubd just a few days ago with a princess rep for our cruise on the ruby in 3 weeks and was quoted $115.00, i had my date and time ready to book but was told i had to do both when i got on board. so will do it as soon as we get on. I so looking forward to it. Thank you for the info on the table as i was wondering about it as well.

:)

The receipt I received from Princess two weeks ago had $100 on it. Wonder why the difference (15% tip?).

Were any of these people on there??

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

hahahahah

Archived