Star- Mexican Riviera, March 20th and 27th?

lasnev

We are on the Star for the 20th. I am not positive that it is completely sold out yet, what I suspect is happening is that since the Star is currently in Dry-Dock for reconditioning they locked up the unsold cabins in case they don't get everything finished.

I suspect this because right before they announced the unscheduled dry-dock I had looked at cabin availability to see how many unsold cabins there were, hoping for an upsell call and there was a lot of availability in every stateroom type (Inside, Oceanview, etc). Then right after the announcement there was no availability and I checked other dates around the same timeframe and everything was gone.

I would wait for the Star to come out of dry-dock then check again.

We are on the Star for the 20th. I am not positive that it is completely sold out yet, what I suspect is happening is that since the Star is currently in Dry-Dock for reconditioning they locked up the unsold cabins in case they don't get everything finished.

I suspect this because right before they announced the unscheduled dry-dock I had looked at cabin availability to see how many unsold cabins there were, hoping for an upsell call and there was a lot of availability in every stateroom type (Inside, Oceanview, etc). Then right after the announcement there was no availability and I checked other dates around the same timeframe and everything was gone.

Thanks! That makes sense. When I checked there seemed to be good availability, hoping for a last minute deal for my mom, but I will keep checking as we get closer, even though with Easter break that week there is a chance it is sold out.

You can still book 03/13/2010/.....just checked

The others are most likely sold out

Did you go into Cabin Selection? I just tried and it says that it is unable to confirm any reservations at this time.

I am just making a guess, like I mentioned in my earlier post we went from plenty of availability to no availability in a matter of hours right around when they made the announcement.

Put it this way, we decided to add a third person to one of our cabins and my wife (home-based travel agent) could not even add the third. She had to call into NCL and the rep she spoke with had to get the supervisor who had to get a manager in order to over-ride adding a third. This is for a already sold cabin that can handle 4 passengers.

There is a chance that a greater number of people are on both of those cruises because of the Ellen Show.

Ellen gave out a 7 day cruise for 2 to each person in her audience for day 11 of her 12 days of Christmas show. We were all given a cruise for 2 and 7 dates to pick. The 20th and 27th are typical school spring breaks so more people would be cruising those dates anyways, add a few hundred extras from the Ellen show and it is possible both are sold out.

I hope a spot opens up for you! If you get one on the 27th maybe I will see you guys there! Good luck. :)

Oh Gawd!

Please don't tell me that Ellen is going to be on the ship these weeks. I might just have to jump ship if she is.

Of course she is! She is staying in the cabin next door to you. ;)

JK could not resist. Nope, no Ellen on the ship. Just us audience members who got free cruises. ;)

Thanks PokrTom. I am booked on the March 27 cruise and I greatly appreciate your insight. I had also called to add a 3rd person to an existing booking.

Anyone know when they are scheduled to be finished with the dry dock?

• 2 weeks later...

Checking my system it shows very little availibility on the 20th, a little more on the 27th. On the 20th 2 catagories are showing, on the 27th about 4. So, yes there is still a few things, but with the combination of the Ellen show passengers and spring break, plus we are talking only a few more weeks, no you will not see prices go down. March rarely offers good deals for cruising.

Nita

My point was that they were available again. Not that there were any price deals. I guess I am just saying "I told you so.", since I earlier mentioned that I felt the cabins were locked down and not showing due to the dry-dock and to wait until the ship came back into service befiore writing them off.

Archived