Launderette

jerblu

I see on the Silver Wind that there is only one launderette, on deck 4. Is that right?

Is the launderette crowded usually? We were thinking of packing lighter than usual, but maybe that's not a great idea.

Also, should I assume that they will have the usual soap and stuff, and that the machines will take US coins? Or is there a different arrangement?

As long as the topic of lauderettes has been raised; are the Cloud and Wind identical regarding launderettes?

Greg

Yes.....deck 4 on the Cloud too - it's been one of the social hubs of the ship when I've been on board!! :D

The laundry rooms are similar and the machines and powder detergent are free (no coins required). There were new washing machines and dryers on the Cloud when we sailed last summer. The laundrette can get busy at times and we have sometimes seen (impatient) passengers emptying the machines of their fellow passengers' laundry to put their stuff in... Seadays are obvioulsy "popular" for doing laundry, the machines are usually empty when most people are on excursions or are going for dinner. It helps to plan your laundry times "strategically"....;)

We did not find the laundry room crowded either time that we were on the Wind, even with the huge group of Aussies doing back to back cruises in the Med in Oct 2008. That being said, we tended to do our laundry very early in the morning, while we were at breakfast or out for our morning walk. The iron and board did get a little busy in the late afternoon, as people started getting ready for dinner.

Michele

Archived