Does anyone drive down from the Dfw area

newtocruise10

About 5 hours for us too. Iv done it both ways.

So do you go down the night before or the day of the cruise?

thanks!

when I answered Iv done it both ways ... I meant Iv gone down the morning of the cruise, leaving about 5 am, which gets old. Lately Iv been going down the night of the cruise. I got a great deal on Quality Inn across from the beach in January. Last Sept I stayed at the Howard Johnsons. Both have free cruise parking, but I only used Howard Johnsons, who has a $5 pp shuttle across the street.

Iv got cheapie Econo Lodge tentatively booked, very close, 500 yds to the ocean and it looks ok with free cruise parking for Sept, when prices for hotels are a lot higher.

Most hotels in Galveston have free parking, but few have free shuttles, Holiday Inn who shares it with a few others.

Its about the same for taxi I figure as EZCruise, if you are just doing a short cruise, so thats why we moved our car to pay for parking at a hotel with free parking, for 5 day Esctasy.

when I answered Iv done it both ways ... I meant Iv gone down the morning of the cruise, leaving about 5 am, which gets old. Lately Iv been going down the night of the cruise. I got a great deal on Quality Inn across from the beach in January. Last Sept I stayed at the Howard Johnsons. Both have free cruise parking, but I only used Howard Johnsons, who has a $5 pp shuttle across the street.

Iv got cheapie Econo Lodge tentatively booked, very close, 500 yds to the ocean and it looks ok with free cruise parking for Sept, when prices for hotels are a lot higher.

Most hotels in Galveston have free parking, but few have free shuttles, Holiday Inn who shares it with a few others.

Its about the same for taxi I figure as EZCruise, if you are just doing a short cruise, so thats why we moved our car to pay for parking at a hotel with free parking, for 5 day Esctasy.

Thanks!

Archived