Extra Pounds ?

Interrogation Room

• 2 months later...

We just got back from our cruise and I didnt gain any weight. :) I didnt lose any weight though. :(

But we ate pretty healthy, no desserts and took the stairs just like I said in a previous post. Joined a new gym when we got back and hope to be at my goal weight by the next cruise. Wow, this sounds like deja vu'. :p

I've lost about 12 pounds in preparation for the cruise food (just three more days!) and plan on gaining most of it back! The kids and I plan on setting the clock at 2:00AM to go eat - just because we can!
you don't even have to leave the room. just call room service!!!:D

Has anyone ever put on a "few" extra pounds while on a cruise?:confused:

My weigh is about 230 pounds. Don't want to end my first cruise with more than that:eek:

My first three cruises all ended with about a 10 pound weight loss. They were all aboard Carnival ships, and were 7-Day cruises. My last two cruises, aboard Celebrity ships, I broke even on one and gained 5 pounds on the other. Those were 14-Day cruises. My next cruise, B2B 12-Day cruises, it is my hope to use the stairs and lose a little weight.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Has anyone ever put on a "few" extra pounds while on a cruise?:confused:

My weigh is about 230 pounds. Don't want to end my first cruise with more than that:eek:

I must admit I bring elastic waist pants for the end of my cruises. :o When I was at my Doctor's office I weighed 102 but I am 4' 11" so the doctor said that isn't too bad. It was the first time in my life I weighed over 100 though. :o The 230 might be ok if you are tall. Ask your Doctor. He should have a chart that will tell you if you are ok or not.

I gain about 10 lbs a cruise, but i usually lose about 8 of it a week after i get back to normal life.

5-6 lbs is our usual, but as others have said, it is off the following week.

We also take the steps, and walk the track. It's vacation and we all deserve to indulge a bit so I am going to take a tastes of a few extra things, have a few extra drinks and enjoy the beautiful ship, my family and being away from work, cell phones and chaos of everyday life.

Happy sailing~

• 3 months later...

I guess I got lucky, I did not gain on my 7 day cruise. I used the gym on sea days and walked a ton when in port. I had mentally prepared myself for a gain and gave myself permission to just enjoy... Hope my luck is as good on the next cruise!

Mantra for cruisers:

"I am on vacation. I will not worry. What I gain now will be lost when I get back to my routine. I will not worry. DOD's and warm chocolate melting cake are my friends on this cruise. I will not worry." Repeat as necessary.

Seriously, you're there to relax. Don't get so stressed you need a vacation after the cruise is over. Rusty-girl's been ragging me about my weight since we got back from the cruise. Last Friday we went to the doctor for her quarterly checkup. I got on the scales while we were there, and I was five pounds LIGHTER than when we left for the cruise, just still bloated, probably from all the salt onboard. (Swimming in seawater might have added to it) We don't cook with or use salt at home.

Since we are reviving old threads I will add my two cents...

In May on the Valor I put on 7 lbs... and the last day of our cruise everything was bloated... my ankles nearly doubled in size. It was out of the control.

We really don't use much salt at home either and I was retaining so much water from all the sodium. It took a couple days for it to go down... but next time I might have to pay a LITTLE more attention to what I eat...

DW and I had never gained weight on a cruise before our last one.

We actually eat better on a cruise. Less fast food and mexican food and more fruits and salads. BUT just before our 5 night cruise last week, we both had lost over 20 pounds doing P90X for the previous 90 days. We gained 4 and 5 pounds, but it is already coming off now that we are back on track. Can't resist those desserts, especially after having no sweets for 3 months! It was worth it! Can't wait for our next one. It's an 8 day :eek:

I usually lose due to "queasy stonach."(I wear the patch) I am fine when I wake up and we are docked. I can go to Lido and eat a good breakfast. I won't eat in ports(I know, I've been told I am missing out on alot of good food). When we get back on the ship I am usually hot and tired. Take a shower, rest then get ready for dinner. We have always had a late dinner so the ship has been sailing for a few hours and my stomach starts in. Just pick at my dinner. Our upcoming cruise we have early seating so I'll probably see some weight gain.(not that I need to gain!LOL)

Archived