How Does Carnival Sell Remaining Staterooms?

John&John

I've been monitoring the availability of 2 cruises this week. The Valor and the Glory Western on 2/21.

The Glory had a few staterooms (about 6) available yesterday after the prices went back up from a few days ago.

The Valor still had lower pricing and seemed to have had a lot of staterooms still available yesterday.

Last night they were both gone from Carnival's site.

There were about 5 cabins left on the Glory so it could have easily sold out, but there were so many left on the Valor I have a hard time believing it sold out in just a few hours - unless they really reduced the prices after I looked yesterday.

The available number cabins on the Glory didn't seem to vary much from in the morning to the afternoon, so I was surprised it was gone later at night.

Does Carnival stop advertising the cruise and then sell off those cabins by another means?

When they get down to a very small percentage it's not too uncommon for PVPs to contact clients to sell off the remaining cabins.

I'm sailing on the Ecstasy this Saturday and the cruise went from about 15 cabins available to zero overnight night before last...

:)

When they get down to a very small percentage it's not too uncommon for PVPs to contact clients to sell off the remaining cabins.

I'm sailing on the Ecstasy this Saturday and the cruise went from about 15 cabins available to zero overnight night before last...

Thanks, Mach. I was just wonderin' :rolleyes:.

There are thousands of retired people that can literally walk to the ships in Florida and sit by their phones with their bags packed waiting for their favorite ship line to call them last minute. I've heard their rate is dirt cheap and way below any advertised rate.

If you are looking for that last minute bargin you are chasing a moving target. The is the constant upsells, free upgrades going on all the time during that last week.

There are thousands of retired people that can literally walk to the ships in Florida and sit by their phones with their bags packed waiting for their favorite ship line to call them last minute. I've heard their rate is dirt cheap and way below any advertised rate.

If you are looking for that last minute bargin you are chasing a moving target. The is the constant upsells, free upgrades going on all the time during that last week.

I heard that free upgrades (of any value) are few and far between nowadays.

i read a post last night that a guy got a call from his PVP 1 week before sailing, they went on the 5 day Destiny for 199.00 per person, then their sign and sail account was credited $100 because of the intenery change, so they ended up paying $99/pp total for a 5 day cruise....they did live in Florida!

Now, it's back again with 6 available cabins. I even called this morning to see if there were any more cabins and the rep told me that the ship was completely sold out. :eek:

Doo doo doo dooo, doo doo doo doo,!!!

Just when I thought I was done watching prices!

I can just imagine thousands of retirees eating breakfast, watching the morning news, wondering if the phone will ring with a sweet cruise deal?

How are you monitoring the cabins available? I though they only showed a few at a time?

when you see less than the 10?? Or whatever they show at a time per category, then you know thats all that is left in that category... just check 4A, 4B, etc, and you can see which categories are sold out etc.

I use fun select rate to check because they dont pull them from that category. You might not see them for one price, like on ES they pull them sometimes when they get down to a certain #, but they will show on fun select rate (the most expensive) if its not sold out.

Archived