Miracle and Limon Costa Rica

ykckby

This may be posted in the wrong place but....can anyone assist me as to what zipline tours - besides ship- they could recommend at this port. Apparently the Golfo which has a great reputation is unavailable due to the distance.

Thanks

My wife and I were in Limon, Costa Rica on the Miracle in November 2008. We used a private tour to do ziplining, a canal tour and beach day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=895009&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=874773&highlight=

These are a couple links you will find useful. We used Eduardo Humphreys from Costa Rica Indigenous Tours, you can find his website info in the second thread I posted here. He really made our day.

• 2 weeks later...

The second port day was Costa Rica. We had arranged to zip lining and a boat ride with Greenway Tours (their adventure package). Olli was our guide. It was our family and two other couples. We headed out Limon taking the scenic route and arrived at zip lining at within about an hour. Everything was very professional and were quickly set up an on our way up to the first platform. We had a 9, 11 and 12 year old and felt very comfortable with them doing it. Our 9 year old is small; they asked him on the platform if he wanted to go by himself or with his dad and he of course on his own. The equipment was in great shape and the folks at each platform were very helpful. One piece advice if you want pictures have the first person in the group have the camera, we missed any shots because the last person in our group had the camera. Also enjoy it from the first moment, because it goes fast. When were done we had a snack of fruit then headed out the river to take the boat ride. Again it was great being part of smaller group, we saw many larger ones and felt were able to see more being part of the smaller group. We were back in plenty of time to do a bit of shopping and be back on the ship again for a late lunch. Everything was very professional.

• 3 weeks later...
This may be posted in the wrong place but....can anyone assist me as to what zipline tours - besides ship- they could recommend at this port. Apparently the Golfo which has a great reputation is unavailable due to the distance.

Thanks

I just got back from the miracle on the 12th and we booked through your lucky tours and loved it. He got us ahead of all the big tour groups and took use every where we wanted to go.. bananna plantation, playa bonita, fruit stand, grocery store. Look him up great tour.

• 5 weeks later...
You will not be disappointed with Your Lucky Tours. It was the highlight of my trip.

YLT took us ziplining at Cedar Valley Ranch. Fun, especially going over the river - it's the 2nd zip, so don't forget to look around, don't just look at the cable.

Have fun!

• 6 months later...

We used Eduardo with Your Lucky Tours in April of this year. He was GREAT. We had a group of 10 from ages of 10 to 53 and went zip lining and to the beach for lunch. He will have a lot of contact with you before you go and make it very clear where to meet him. We were on a small bus with about 22 people and he made sure we had a lot of fun. We would all use him again when we get back to Costa Rica He will pretty much do any kind of tour you want. www.yourluckytour.com

Rick

Archived